On my RPI4, my NAS is usually not showing in the Music Library UI after a reboot with DRC plugin enabled.
In order to troubleshoot I tested with latest versions (2.714 and DRC plugin 1.4.3) on clean install and discovered the following:
- RPI2 + DRC plugin enabled --> OK --> NAS is always shown after reboot
- RPI4 + DRC plugin enabled --> NOT OK --> NAS is usually NOT shown after reboot (occasionally it does)
- RPI4 + DRC plugin disabled --> OK --> NAS is always shown after reboot
- /mnt/NAS is correctly mounted always
- Booting with DRC disabled --> mpd process runs as user ‘mpd’ --> NAS visible
- Booting with DRC enabled –> mpd process runs as user ‘root’ --> NAS not visible
- After manually restarting MPD (sudo systemctl restart mpd) --> mpd process runs as user ‘mpd’ --> NAS visible
Could it be that after the plugin is started, MPD is restarted improperly (wrong user)
How can this be explained and fixed?