NanoSound Official Help

OK it works with my Harmony.
Lets see when the other nice buttons on the remote do something…
Changeing the Playlist
Repeat the Current track from the start
both would be nice done by the remote.

And all this configurable via Plugin settings (for the physical buttons too), that would be great!

@ nanomesher,

I dont know if its interesting for you. To display the bite rate for webradio too (https://volumio.org/forum/bit-rate-display-t8248.html), I did the following:

[code]def GETBitRate():

e.g 16bit

cmd = “grep ‘^format’ /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params | cut -c 10-11”
p = Popen(cmd, shell=True, stdout=PIPE)
output = p.communicate()[0]
return output[:-1]

def GETSamplingRate():

e.g. 44.100 KHz

cmd = “grep ‘^rate’ /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params | cut -c 7-11 | awk ‘{print $1/1000}’”
p = Popen(cmd, shell=True, stdout=PIPE)
output = p.communicate()[0]
return output[:-1][/code]

[code] RDSText = (trackType)
if(RDSText==“webradio”):
draw.text((0, 40), (GETSamplingRate)(), font=font6, fill=“white”)
draw.text((22, 40), “kHz”, font=font6, fill=“white”)
draw.text((44, 40), “|”, font=font6, fill=“white”)

draw.text((92, 40), "|", font=font6, fill="white")
                                    draw.text((98, 40), (GETBitRate)(), font=font6, fill="white")
                                    draw.text((108, 40), " bit", font=font6, fill="white")
                            else:
                                    draw.text((25, 40), bitrate, font=font4, fill="white")[/code]

Thanks a lot , will take a look. Main worry would be performance of polling this so often as we have seen with playing with DSD files.

Thanks for confirming. Next up improvements will probably be playlist changing with remote. Stay tuned

Hi All,

We have just released a patch release (v1.4.2), which drastically improve DSD playback performance.
It’s definitely worth upgrading if you use NanoSound for DSD playback.

Uninstall and reinstall the “Nanosound by Nanomesher” plug-in as usual.

Thanks,

Nanomesher

Hi Nanomesher and all NanoSound users,

I found out that - at least since Volumio v2.362 up to v2.368 with Nanosound Plugin v1.42 from 22.1.2018 installed from the official Volumio store you have to pay attention to the following if you want to use developer plugins like Snapcast or BubbleUPNP Server and others that are not yet available in Volumio:

1.) Install the developer plugins before installing the Nanosound plugin.
2.) unzip the plugin
3.) copy the unzipped directory it to /home/volumio
4.) ssh to your device and cd to the plugin directory (e.g. /home/volumio/snapcast - or how you called it)
5.) execute “volumio plugin install” - do not use sudo !!!
6.) be patient - may take a while
7.) repeat step 2 - 6 for all other plugins you want to have installed
8.) install the Nanosound plugin, reboot and don’t forget to activate it in Volumio

It took me a whole evening to get that. Maybe Nanomesher is able to explain why you have to proceed this way.

• Josef

@Nanomesher: Any progress on version 2 of the plugin ? - I backed it at Kickstarter

Hello, I’m using NanoSound DAC Pro.
I accidently pressed ‘Wireless Network’ in Settings so I can’t use the network.
Can I fix it with Ethernet?

Nanomesher, I tried all of this, and none of this is working.
And ALL FUNCTIONS doesn’t work.
Any solutions?

Hi, If you plug LAN cable , are you able to connect to the web interface with volumio.local ?
If problem persist, please try to use Method 2 as described in http://nanomesher.com/support/nanosound-support/ to resetup.

Thanks
Nanomesher

Please use method 2 as in http://nanomesher.com/support/nanosound-support/ to reset the software. thanks

Hi Josef,

What happens if you dont install as the sequence you described? Nanosound plugin should not be conflicting with other plugins (even developer ones). We will look into it after getting more details.

As for plugin v2, thanks for your support! In case we didn’t get it to successfully funded, we will be taking small progressive steps towards it.

Thanks

Nanomesher

Hi Nanomesher,

If i don’t follow the steps i described in this order i get errors when trying to install any plugin with “volumio plugin install” or even installing a plugin from the official repository hangs without further notification.
This is absolutely reproducable. I spent a whole night - with also starting from scratch more than 5 times - to go sure.

As soon as the Nanosound plugin is installed there is no way to install another plugin (Volumio v2.368 on a PI3).

Uninstalling Nanosound plugin - reboot - install other plugin - reinstall Nanosound plugin - reboot and reactivate it - works reliable but is rather uncomfortable…

• Josef

HI Josef,

Strangely, we cannot reproduce the issue, also running V2.368 on a Pi3. NanoSound plug installed beforehand. We did a manual install of both volspotconnect2 and snapcast and both were successful.

Here’s how we installed snapcast after NanoSound plugin installed:

• in volumio home folder:

git clone https://github.com/Saiyato/volumio-snapcast-plugin.git cd volumio-snapcast-plugin/ rm volumio-snapcast-plugin.zip volumio plugin install

It was successfulled installed after 5mins:

Progress: 70
Progress: 90
Progress: 100
Done!
volumio@volumio:~/volumio-snapcast-plugin$

btw, was there any errors shown when you run
sudo journalctl -f

thanks

Nanomesher

Note that we have moved the NanoSound Official Help forum to http://nanomesher.com/forum/?view=forum&id=2&subscribe_forum=1

See you there!

Your forum seems to be down/infested with spam…

Any update on the plugin for nanosound one?

Nothing?

nothing.

Hi , Nanosound One for volumio 3 is already available for manual installation. The instructions are here: NanoSound One - Software Support Page | Nanomesher

thanks

1 Like

…but only for the Nanoberry One, right ?

Is something planned for the older products ? NanoberryCD for example…

br
Josef