NanoSound Official Help

@nanomesher

After resoldering the board also the PI is powered now by the Nanosound and switching on / off is working. :smiley:
Iā€™m looking forward to the new version of the plugin. (just backed it on kickstarter)

I checked the docu to Nanoamp^2. If i understood right the ā€œpower buttonā€ for Nanoamp^2 switches GPIO27, is that right ?

• Josef

Hi Josh,

What was the original issue? You should only need to connect one single power to the DAC and it should powers the Pi.
http://nanomesher.com/nanosound-hardware-installation/

The DAC uses GPIO04 to trigger power off and GPIO14 to detect status of the Pi.
http://nanomesher.com/nanosound-gpio-usage/

It uses same design as our other pi switch project
http://nanomesher.com/nanomesher-raspberry-pi-switch/

Thanks for your support!

Nanomesher

Hi Corris,

Glad you liked it!

For adding OLED, itā€™s soldering of the 4 points (VCC GND SCL SDA) as show in this URL.

http://nanomesher.com/store/OLED-1-3-Display-for-NanoSound-DAC-Basic-p91380573

Thanks

Nanomesher

1 Like

@nanomesher

As i stated in an earlier post the PI was not powered by the Nanosound - before i resoldered the board.
Now everything is working and i have fun with the board. Great project.

Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the first beta of the plugin v2.

Thank you, have a good weekend

-Josef

1 Like

Hi,

Canā€™t start new thread, just want to update: The LED display problem still exist!

Already update the plugin to version 1.3.1, Volumio start to play for a period of time, OLED will go blank again, have to turn off and on to make it work.

Sound is not affected.

A little comment of the OLED display message, I donā€™t think the bitrate is actually useful, the font size is too small to display the Chinese characters, maybe let the IP address show permanent in the corner is more useful. Function button can be used to show the details of the song (KHz / Bitrate).

Hi Johnson,

We have NanoSound leaving turned on for over a week, and we are unable to reproduce issue your described (using v1.3.1 plug-in, volumio v2.310)

May I know if you are playing anything in particular when the OLED go blank? How long did you leave it on approximately ?

We will look into making the font slightly bigger. Regarding the IP/bit rate , we will be revising the layout / control as a whole in v2 of the plug-in.

Thanks

Nanomesher

Well, I didnā€™t monitor the screen but doing something else while listening, but it takes more than an hour before it stop updating. Iā€™ll pay more attention when playing, also I only play FLAC I created myself, FLAC format should be 1.3.1 and 1.3.2. Most of the file with ReplayGain tag and album art, some of them have lyrics.

Just found an update of Volumio, will keep watching for problems.

1.3ā€³ OLED is very small. Can you recommend a larger display?
Apparently only I2C displays can be used on GPIO pins. The pins for SPI are used for the buttons 1, 4 and 5.
I also thougt about using a Nextion tft, but the tx pin is used by the power switch.

Marcel

HI Marcell,

If you can find any i2C displays which has a python driver, it would probably work with smaller changes to the display code.
Let us know if you see anything in the market interesting.

Regards,

Nanomesher

Hello,

Iā€™m one of the Kickstarter backers that received my NanoSound several weeks ago, but just got around to setting it up.

Got it assembled per the instructions and installed Volumio with the appropriate settings and plug-in. OLED screen works and shows track being played, along with progress. Problem is, Iā€™m getting no sound out of neither the RCA line outs or the audio jack.

Am I missing something here or is there a defect?

HI Danglin,

Can you please check your Audio Ouput and Volume Option and they should match as in nanomesher.com/nanosound-support/

if you still have problem, can you please try the method 2 with the preconfigured image?

thanks

Nanomesher

Hi nanomesher,

IĀ“m using the nanomesher plugin on volumio,
is it possible to change the function of the buttons ? donĀ“t need volume buttons, but forward and rewind would be nice !
Would help, if you could tell me where the related files on my pi are located.
Kind regards,

Michael

Soā€¦ I got a Nanosound via Kickstarter and added on the Amp. Just got a RPi and installed everything. Downloaded the Volumio image via the nanomesher website and installed it on a brand new 16GB microSD. Plugged everything in and hit the power button on the Nanosound andā€¦ nothing. At least, nothing on the screen. Various LEDs light up, but nothing on the screen. Perhaps I missed a step somewhere? Iā€™m new to the RPi, so thatā€™s probably part of the problem.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

It sounds like you have not installed the Nanosound plugin. You can either follow method 1 below to install the Nanosound volumio plugin or use method 2 to install using the preconfigured image.

http://nanomesher.com/nanosound-support/

thanks

Nanomesher

HI Michael,

Itā€™s not officially supported but you can try experimenting below:

The source code is at github.com/volumio/volumio-plug ā€¦ d/index.js

which is installed in your /data/plugins folder.

Look in miscellanea/nanosound/index.js

Try changing:

//Volume up
nanosound.prototype.volumeUp = function() {
//this.logger.info(ā€˜GPIO-Buttons: Vol+ button pressedā€™);
socket.emit(ā€˜volumeā€™,ā€™+ā€™);
};

//Volume down
nanosound.prototype.volumeDown = function() {
//this.logger.info(ā€˜GPIO-Buttons: Vol- button pressed\nā€™);
socket.emit(ā€˜volumeā€™,ā€™-ā€™);
};

to emit seek commands as specified in

volumio.github.io/docs/API/WebSocket_APIs.html

Actually, method 2 is what I didā€¦ I downloaded the 11-30 img and installed it on a brand new 16GB microsd card.

More info: I plugged in a monitor via HDMI and can now see (on that monitor, not the built-in screen) the boot sequence and messages and can log in there. Is it possible that the latest preconfigured image might have left out or disabled the plug-in? I had previously downloaded an image dated 11-16, would it be worth giving that a try?

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

Yes , itā€™s worth trying the method 2 using the latest image version.

After this try to access it via network (volumio.local)

You can follow this detailed setup guide to setup.

http://nanomesher.com/player-start/

Also, what kind of power supply are you using?
thanks
Nanomesher

@ nanomesher,

Thanks for this great plugin.
Because the hardware already existed, I use the plugin with hifiberry dac +, 6 buttons and an oled display. All this I will integrate into a ā€œportableā€ housing with a rechargeable battery.
At nanodac_oled.py I made some adjustments for my taste. Larger font for title. Button3 shows next to the IP address now the date and time.
If webradio plays, then the text scrolls in the field ā€œartistā€. Some radios send informations and so itā€™s easier to read.
Some time ago I found the file oled.py at github.com/nanomesher/Nanomesher_NanoSound. The file looks promising. It looks as if you want to integrate a menu.

draw.text((5, 2), "> Internal",font=font1, fill="white") draw.text((1, 16), "> NAS",font=font1, fill="white") draw.text((1, 32), "> USB",font=font1, fill="white") draw.text((1, 48), "> Playlist",font=font1, fill="white")
I tested oled.py but it does not work.
What are your plans for this, will a menu be realized someday? A menu with all the stuff in volumio.local/browse would be really great.

@tigger-gg

Thanks for your complement about the Plug-in. Regarding the menu items, yes, making NanoSound a better and more standalone player is in our plan but it is still early stage. Stay tuned for more details! thanks

Volumio bug cause my Pi to reboot, the queue not updated, thatā€™s why the OLED not updated.
Not relate to NanoSound DAC.

github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/1362