Nanosound CD and Volumio 3

Hello everybody.
I want to build a new Media Player using the CM4. Tried it with Volumio2 which was working fine with a raspberry Pi 3. But it didn’t worked. So I used Volumio 3 and with some extra work on the CSI and USB ports (disabled by default with the CM 4) everything works fine except the Nanosound CD. This is working well with the older Volumio 2 but doesn’t work with Volumio 3. Manual Installation worked without any error message but after start I get this when I want to check it:

systemctl status nanosoundcd_web

● nanosoundcd_web.service - NanoSound CD Web Service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nanosoundcd_web.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabl
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2022-09-18 16:10:04 UTC; 18h ago
Process: 1141 ExecStart=/home/volumio/nanomesher_nanosoundcd/nanosoundcd_web (code=exited,
Main PID: 1141 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Sep 18 16:10:03 hifipi systemd[1]: Started NanoSound CD Web Service.
Sep 18 16:10:03 hifipi sudo[1143]: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/volumio/nanomesher_nano
Sep 18 16:10:03 hifipi sudo[1143]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (u
Sep 18 16:10:04 hifipi sudo[1143]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
Sep 18 16:10:04 hifipi systemd[1]: nanosoundcd_web.service: Main process exited, code=exited,
Sep 18 16:10:04 hifipi systemd[1]: nanosoundcd_web.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanx

This plugin does not work with Volumio 3. I suggest to clear your SD Card because probably the installation will leave some inconsistencies behind.

Again, you are warned not to install plugins manually when you try to install them, this is the reason why.

I can suggest you can try Volumio Premium which includes CD plabyack and ripping functionalities .
(before upgrading do a factory reset, since the Nanosound install might have corrupted Volumio CD Playback)

Hello,
first of all thanks for your fast response. I was aware of the problem. I cant believe thats a big problem. Otherwise paying a monthly fee for a simple CD playing function? No thanks. I would pay a small one-time fee for it. Think of it. I cant imagine a lot of users want to rent your application.

I also think that this function should be standard

to bad this plugin does not work. We need gapless playback. And that is not on the my volumio cd option

this should all be fixed first, instead of the new gimmicks.

Hello,

is this still up to date? That NanosoundCD doesnt work on Volumio3?

So if I want to play CDs and dont want to pay for the subscibtion (which would allow to play CDs in Volumio3 premium without NanosoundCD) i should install Volumio2 with NanosoundCD, right?

So this wont work for V3?:

I also found this, but as I undestood, this is for Nanosound, not NanosoundCD:
https://nanomesher.com/nanosound-volumio-3-support/

Thanks a lot for your help!