My new Volumio streamer

Hi all,
Please help me… on the screen appears the icon (the point is marked in red), what does it mean?
thanks,

a sign that you have under voltage…

You should use 2 Power Supplies: one for the display and one for the PI

1 Like

Hi volumio,

i’m using display 5'' 800x480 TFT Raspberry Pi DSI Touchscreen - DFRobot
I connected the Pi 3B+ to the display using the FFC cable following the manufacturer’s manual.
The above error just appeared, it didn’t exist before

regards,

1 Like

Hi Khanh,

Sorry, you can’t use the option that @volumio gave you. you can’t give your screen,
external power because it’s not included on the board.

best regards,
dvo

1 Like

Hi dvo,
Sorry…, maybe my writing style is misleading
I’ll check the power supply again, it must be the problem.

Thanks dvo
Rgd,

it’s a power issue, The voltage dipped below 4.85V.
If the system is running without any issues, you can opt for a parameter in the userconfig,txt.
avoid_warnings=1

thanks wheaten,
Am I doing it exactly as your instructions, please ?

is this the original file from the boot disk on the SD-card from volumio, as I miss the default line from Volumio?
# Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

Hi Wheaten,
Thank you so much for your guidance
looks like my linear power supply circuit has problem, i will send the manufacturer to check it
regards,

No it seems you power supply can’t deliver enough power for both the rPi and connected LCD. Not sure if the manufacturer will take this as warranty. Are you able to adjust the output voltage or measure the voltage on the rPi?

do not use notepad for editing the userconfig.txt file, please use notepad++

notepad (the simple version, not the ++) will mess-up the line-end encoding applying the windows format, notepad++ will preserve the linux line-end

1 Like

Hi, I´ve realized another problem:All my testing start over a fixed LAN connection. After changing to Wlan the connection interrrupt in not specific times. I found some issues with using HDMI Displays and changed the resolution and the conection from 2,4 to 5 but the problem always exists. Changing to LAN the system works fine - anyone any solution? regards Mike

Here it is! I love it so much.

6 Likes

Hi, how did you connect the cd player to the Rpi? I mean, cdp has SATA connection and you wrote in #55 that you powered it separately. Did you use some kind of adaptor splitting data (to Rpi) and power (to power supply)? Thank you

Hi Roberto55,
to use the SATA CD player I used a SATA2USB adapter which I powered via a different power supply than the Rpi. Then I connected the USB output of this adapter to the Rpi with a “data only” USB cable, i.e. with the 5V signal isolated. Hope this help you.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Is it an adapter I can buy online or a diy one?