My new Volumio streamer

Thank you! I’ll try it.

Hello sorry to ask, but i am having a few troubles installing my OSOYOO 5" DSI screen on my raspberry pi 4 2GB with volumio and a HifiBerry Digi+Pro. Didi the screen worked out of the box when plugged to the dsi connector with the cable (i have the touch screen plugin installed) or did you have to make a few tweaks so that it works ? (or maybe it’s because it’s the 2GB model)

Thanks in advance

Hi,
have you enabled the touchscreen plugin? It is the only thing necessary.
Hope this help you.

If you want some more info on the screen:
https://osoyoo.com/2019/09/20/instruction-for-raspberry-pi-5-dsi-touch-screen/

Thanks. Yes it is enabled. I tested new cables. I have now to test an another RspPi and another OS. to see if its the screen or the pi which is faulty.

It’s wonderfull but we want inside pictures !!

1 Like

Hello,
That’s realy awesome.
What 220v switch plug have you used, contains an EMI filter?
Thanks

Thank you Lintbf for appreciating my work and yes, the switch plug contains an EMI filter; it is a TE Connectivity Corcom Filters but I do not remember its product code.

Hi pdo59,
that´s the greatest Raspi-Streamingproject I´ve ever seen! My respect!!! I started a little project with Raspi4 Volumio and a 3,5 Display, but the display dreiver crashes the volumio-installation :frowning: I think I will try your display.
regards
Mike

Hi Michael_Guth,
Thanks and welcome in the Volumio community!
This is my last streamer, in this project I used this HDMI display which is perfectly compatible with Volumio like this DSI one.

2 Likes

It looks so nice. Great integration of the display between the 2 black bars. Frome where did you bought the case?

L

1 Like

Hi Lintbf, I bought the case from HIFI2000. They work really well!

Hi, very special, your last streamer. Thanks for tip about the HDMI display. Ordered it and it workes fantastic :slight_smile: thx, Mike

1 Like

Another question: I want to use a LiPo Shim (Lipo Shim (Zero Lipo)) to boot/stop the Pi - is it ok using it with a HifiBerry? What do you use?

Hi Mike,
I have not experience with LiPo Shim and HifiBerry. For my stream I developed a custom board with some linear power supply and a power-on/stand-by circuit. I powered separately the raspi, the cd player and the internal HDs. The DAC is external, via USB (Amanero and XMOS), and is also handmade using two Audio-GD R2R-Ladder DA-8 modules.

Dear pdo59,
Please guide me how to install the 5 inch touch screen?
Currently in use

You should just need to connect the screen to your Pi using the DSI cable provided with the screen and install the Touch Display plugin. You find the Touch Display plugin in the plugin store (“Plugins” → “Search Plugins” → “System Hardware”).

I recommend to install version 3.3.5beta of the plugin. Unlike 3.3.1stable the beta version detects download errors and cancels the installation of the plugin if such an error occurs. In this case, the plugin would not appear in the list of installed plugins, giving the impression that the installation was successful.

In order to be able to install beta versions of plugins at first you need to enable “Plugins Test Mode” on http://volumio.local/dev; maybe you have to use the IP address of your Volumio system instead of “volumio.local”.

After that head over to the plugin store and click on the “Details” button for the Touch Display plugin and choose “Install v3.3.5(beta)”.

Be aware that updating the plugin from a beta version to a newer beta version of the same plugin is not possible in the proper sense, but requires to uninstall the older version and install the newer one. Uninstalling a plugin erases the settings you may have made on the plugin’s config page.

I also suspect, that it is not possible to update from the beta version of a plugin to a newer stable version, but I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. So if you want to change to the stable branch of a plugin you would probably have to uninstall the beta version first.

Thank you for your sharing
I have connected and installed all the above related stuff, the problem here is the screen
As far as I know volumio only supports 7" touch screen while I use 5" touch screen

Volumio and the Touch Display plugin also work with 5" screens.

Hi gvolt,
Thank you for your information.
I will try to reinstall it following your instructions.
Thanks again,