Music Library Album Art mostly missing

First update this unsupported version, as this is the main culprit of your issue and was solved in V3.

Tried to update volumio.Got an error which suggested Factory reset, which failed.see screenshot.
As I feared now cannot update due to error and can mot reconnect to my Synology drive.
I have a screenshot of my prior network path, but alas cannot make the connection.
I have turned power off to the pi and re powered but no joy

Suggestions very welcome

Greg

I guess you have Peppy_meter installed?

Disable the plugins and retry.

No I am not aware of any plugins at all on my system
To be sure how do I disable plugins?

go to the left menu “plugins” => “installed plugins” and disabale them.
You receive this error because Volumio owned files have been changed. As we don’t l know which files, we can’t guarantee a successful upgrade, so the upgrade is blocked.

If no plugins have been installed, you need to do a factory reset.

Summary of last few days
Why am I doing this…trying to get album artwork working.
Tried to perform Software Upgrade(blocked by volumio due to manual changes)
Performed Factory Reset (in order to perform software upgrade)
Lost my mount to Synology NAS (unable to re mount tried every option and permutation)
Transferred Music library to usb device and plugged directly into Pi
Everything working again from USB (no change to artwork)
I have contacted 3rd party supplier of my volumio to ask what manual changes were made to my install of volumio ( been 2 days no answer)
Now I am thinking my only recovery path is to flash a new mico SD card with latest volumio software and start from there.

Thanks everyone Greg

Forgot to mention…Upgrade of sofware still blocked after Factory Reset

So what are you running Volumio on?

Raspberry Pi, harware purchased in May 2021, running version 3 operating system.
Thanks Greg

Ok, a little bit confusing - why is then your Volumio software installation supplied by a 3rd part? And who is that supplier?

I purchased the Raspberry Pi and an allo digione signature hat, pre loaded with volummio software from an Indian company called Fab to Lab.

Update on status.
Latest volumio software installed successfully.
Mounted my NAS drive sucessfully.
Music playing perfectly from both NAS and USB connections.
No change to Album Artworkat top level.