More wifi woes

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help or give a relative newbie some pointers. Having turned off the power management of the wifi dongle my pi based volumio was singing then a few weeks down the line it suddenly dropped the wifi connection and I can’t get it back again. When I reboot the pi the dongle flashes I think about eleven times and then that’s it - nothing. I was so happy before I’d even started ripping my CD’s now I’ve no way of controlling it.

Any ideas gratefully received,

Robert

Hello,
When you said “you have turn off power management” would you say that you add a file such as /etc/modprobe.d/8188.conf ?
Are you sure it is no more connected or this is just the webUi that not responds ?
Have try to connect to your Volumio using ssh ? (of course you need it to be connected)
Is it possible for you to connect using ethernet so that checking the config ?
:question:

Hi,

This is what I’ve done so far…

Create a new 8192cu.conf file (using the sudo nano editor) in the following location
/etc/modprobe.d/8192cu.conf

insert the following code:
options 8192cu rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0

This seemed to solve everything until yesterday when I permanently lost the connection. I’ve checked on the hub and this confirms that it’s not connected to my pi.

Unfortunately I’m running the pi headless which makes it a little tricky to investigate. I can run it through my tv (hhow I did the update drtsiled above).

So any thoughts?

Cheers,

Robert

Hooray - did a clean install of 1.55 along with the power management amendment and all is back to normal - hopefully this won’t happen too often or the power management is included in future releases as crouching in front of the tv typing does my back in lol.

Cheers,

Robert