i have struggled bringing the simple equalizer to work with volumio 2.729 together with hifiberry amp2.
the out-of-the-box installation of the plugin happened without errors, but i had no sound anymore when activating the plugin.
i installed the latest alsa-equal-thingies, followed some hints posted here https://forum.volumio.org/equalizer-t45.html and got it working, but with issues, and not really stable.
always the mpd.conf switched back to some kind of fallback after i implemented some necessary changes regarding piping the output through the equalizer first, and the “asound.conf” miracly showed up with “plugequal1” instead of working “plugequal”, without the “1” at the end.
the reason for the troubles seems to be, that mpd nowadays expects only letters in that speciffic part of configuration.
by changing the output device or activate/deactivate i2s dac by doing some try and error, the equalizer-plugin pushes a template-config (/data/plugins/audio_interface/volsimpleequal/asound.tmpl), where the “plugequal1” is coded, and mpd in consequence won’t play anymore.
because of this the mpd-daemon seems not to start after the next reboot, therefore volumio states that there is no audio device available, activating a fallback-config, so again the plugin-template is copied.
so i changed that file, and if i edit things via ssh again and reboot, everything is working fine again, even though the settings show there is no i2s dac active, and there seems no hardware-mixer available.
but as soon as i change the output device or activate i2s dac, things are screwed up again.
after all, i can live with it, volumio is awesome work, guys