Issues with Volumio and AirParrot2

Hello!

I have been successfully using volumio for a while now. I have a raspberry pi 3, with a hifiberry plus. It has worked wonders for audio streaming to pool speakers. I wanted to try to airplay from my PC to volumio for media reasons. I installed Air Parrot 2, which works well with all my other airplay devices (apple tv, android reflector server, etc…) but when I try to connect to the volumio, it trys for a second and then disappears from the list. At that point no devices can see it online anymore until I reboot the device.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a known issue? Or if maybe I’m doing something wrong?

I appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi mate,

Is there any specific reason why you’d like to use AirParrot to stream via Airplay?

I do the same, but instead of using a 3rd party software, I just select “Volumio” (or whatever its called at your place) as the output for the sound.

'Hope it helps!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m using a PC, so I don’t have much of an option

1 Like

I have exact same issue. Windows 10 through airparrot2, select Volumio, then Volumio airplay client crashes almost immediately, Volumio doesn’t broadcast anymore its presence on the LAN, so its ariplay client vanishes completely. Need a full restart of Volumio to let it work again, and reproducing the issue.