Is it possible to use credentials with webradio stream?

Hello,

There is an URL Https:// webradio stream, which requires credentials login/pass to be able to listen to it.

Is it possible to use any of the volumio features to listen to such stream?

Thanks

It is possible if the station you are trying to listen to has a repeatable URL once you are logged in. So let’s say you want to listen to “RadioXYZ”. Their site is “https://listen.radioxyx.org” where you go to sign in.

Once you sign in and the stream is playing, look at the URL in the address section at the top of the browser window and copy the URL to the clipboard.

Now on the Volumio GUI, navigate to Web Radio. On the screen look for “My Web Radios” and see a line of three dots stacked vertically to the right of “My Web Radios” Click on that and a little button will pop up that says “+ Add Webradio”.

Click on that and paste the URL you copied from the browser above into the URL space in the Add Webradio dialog box. You can name it whatever you want in the Name box.

Click ADD at the bottom and now when you open My Web Radios it should show your newly added station. Click on it and see if it connects.

If it does not, go back to the radio station you signed into on your browser and look around the streaming site and see if they have a place to click that will generate a custom streaming URL just for your account. It is usually a feature that can be clicked for subscribers that will, on demand, create a URL from within the streaming service just for this purpose of using it with various Internet Radio streaming devices other than PC’s, that have no way of entering a user name and password on a sign-in window.

If your service has that option, copy the newly generated URL into the Volumio “Add Webradio” dialog box and try that one.

Tommygun