How to Intercept alsa pipe without developing plugin or Snippet

Hi,
I desesperatly try to insert my own alsa plugin (called avdsp, same concept as camilladsp) within the Volumio 3 alsa output pipeline, without success. Well it works with aplay -D volumio song.wav, but not with shairport or mpd from the web volumio.local.

I know that “it is now forbidden to modify the alsa configuration in /etc/asound.conf” according to Custom ALSA Contributions - Volumio Documentation
but I m not ready to write my own volumio plugin to use the alsa Snippet mechanism…

Also I have identified that /etc/asound.conf is generated at each volumio restart by the file /volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/index.js, but I was able to patch this with a sed command to change it, but still no success.

basically, I want to rename volumioOutput as volumioOut, and recreate my own volumioOutput with something like:
pcm.volumioOutput { type empty slave.pcm myalsadspplugin }
and then later myalsadspplugin will point on volumioOut:
pcm.myalsadspplugin { type avdsp slave.pcm volumioOut }

I m declaring myalsadspplugin in a conf file stored in /etc/alsa/conf.d and therefore it is systematically loaded and visible in aplay -L, before volumio and volumioOutput and volumioHw.

after reboot, I can see that /etc/asound.conf is kept with my changes (due to sed command) and I can do aplay (or sudo aplay) -D volumio song.wav and the sound goes trough my plugin. Also verified with camilladsp alsa plugin instead.

but mpd and shairport desperately do not use my configuration, they seem to go with the old/standard alsa pipeline…

I ve tried to restart mpd, shairport, alsa, volumio, creating conf files as root and so forth but my changes are not considered.

can anyone shed the light on a way to reach my goal without devlopping a volumio plugins ??
many thanks in advance