how to disable USB automount?

how to disable USB automount?
only for sata.
Because the error occurred due to repeated insertion of the stick, and an internal SATA drive now does not want to be mounted automatically

I think this some about

+ACTION=="add", RUN+="/bin/mount -o $env{mount_options} /dev/%k /mnt/USB/", RUN+="/usr/bin/mpc update USB"

There is a config file in /etc where in the first lines you can disable USB automount.

1 Like

I ran in to some troubles with the automount not really working properly (I have multiple USB-disk I use as a backup NAS and filestorage on my Volumio). In the end I found out it was because the rules in /etc/udev/rules.d weren’t working properly and usbmount didn’t work either. Anyway, I managed to fix it by switching usbmount off in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf and by adapting 11-media-by-label-automount.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d.

I guess if you would remove this file and switch usbmount off also, it would stop to do this (also on reboot).

1 Like

After new update auto.usb is not present, so this do not help

Hate to bring up such an old thread, but I thought it would be better than creating a new one.

Can you indeed disable automount? I use external hard drives and turn them on and off as I listen to music, and I would rather Volumio not scan every time I turn them on.

Same request here. Can it be done?

My reason for asking is probably pretty niche, I’m attempting to connect an adafruit macropad which is setup using circuitpython. By default, a circuitpython device will be seen as a usb drive but this can be configured in the device to be disabled. This works as expected in the full RPI OS and Windows 10 (i.e. automounts unless macropad configured not to - no OS settings changed). In volumio the macropad always automounts ignoring whatever the macropad is telling it (sorry - I’ve no idea what is happening at a lower level).

I was hoping that disable automounting in volumio OS would work around this but I can find no way to disable it to try.