Few years ago I created a folder under my external USB hard drive called RPi2 Data at the root level.
Within this folder I’ve 2 sub-folders, music and video.
I installed SAMBA and created a user henri. I don’t very much remember what I’ve done but ideally I gave to this user full access to my folder RPi2 Data (read, write and execute).
However it never worked
Now it is time to spend a bit of time to understand why.
This is what I have when I do ls /mnt/USB -l
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131072 Jan 1 1970 RPi2 Data drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Jan 1 1970 volumio_data
Then I wanted to understand what existing user I have so I did cat /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash [....] henri:x:1001:1001::/home/henri:/bin/true
Here is my smb.conf file:
[global] netbios name = RHAPSODY server string = Volumio Audiophile Music Player workgroup = WORKGROUP security = user map to guest = Bad User encrypt passwords = yes wins support = yes local master = no preferred master = no os level = 30 [Internal Storage] comment = Volumio Internal Music Folder path = /data/INTERNAL read only = no guest ok = yes [USB] comment = Volumio Internal Music Folder path = /mnt/USB read only = no guest ok = yes [NAS] comment = Volumio Internal Music Folder path = /mnt/NAS read only = no guest ok = yes [Music NAS] comment = RPi External Music library path= /mnt/USB/RPi2\ Data/ browseable = yes writeable = yes public = no guest ok = no read only = no valid users = henri
- Primo when mounting my server using smb://rhapsody.local, I can’t see Music NAS.
- Secondo using the username and password associated to henri I can have access to a folder called USB within inside two folders RPi2 Data and volumio_data
- Terzo, it looks like I don’t have the permission to open the folder RPi2 Data
How to debug this?
- I’m trying to understand hot to identify the group henri belong to
- Which groups and users can access to the Music NAS?
- Can I add an additional user and group to my folder RPi2 Data
- Does my samba conf is properly setup
- Why I don’t see Music NAS as a proposal when I tempt to log into my server
I’m running Volumio 2 on a Pi3 and accessing to my server via macOS X Mojave.
Thank you for your kind help