Normally as start I take a small SD card, 8GB, (to avoid big backup files) and configure/Customize Volumio the way I prefer. (plugins/settings/library scan,…)
- Insert the SD-card to the PC that has Win32Diskmanager installed
- Open Win32Diskmanager
- 1 Select your SD-card (if multiple partitions, select the first)
- 2 Browse to the folder where you want to save the image
- 3 Give it a meaningful name and press open
- 4 Press read (you can opt to check “Read only Allocated Partitions” It will improve the backup speed, not the file size
- 5 Be patient … (takes about a minute per GB)
- The backup is finished. Now you can use this image to restore your fully configured installation, when things go sour.
- You can exit the application.
You can flash this image to any SD card of 8GB or bigger.
Added per @gkkpch response:
Volumio will expand the file system if needed.