FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

And for this question?

Sorry I forgotā€¦ Yes, DSP effect are applied to all sources (BT, streaming, local,ā€¦):smiley:

Wow! That was fast. I will check as soon v0.1.15 is available in the Plugin Manager. Thanks!

IT is :wink:

CanĀ“t see it :slightly_frowning_face:. Do I have to update the view? If yes, how to do that?

What combinations of hardware have people been successful in using the plugin with? Iā€™ve tried with a Pi 3B and a Pi A+ each with an Innomaker HAT (configured as Allo Boss) and a Hifiberry DAC+. Neither works. I have a Pi 4 I can try. Iā€™m embarrassed to admit it but I can try a couple of more audio output methods, USB and Allo Piano. I think I have an old Suptronics HAT too.

IĀ“m using a Pi Zero W and an Adafruit MAX98357 DAC/AMP module. Works fine :smiley:.

Sorry, my bad I forgot a stepā€¦ Should be ok now

1 Like

RPI4 +USB DAC
RPI3 + ALLO BOSS
RPI3 + PIANO 2.1
RPI ZERO (from an other user)
Problem on PRIMO and x86 devicesā€¦
What do you mean by ā€˜neither worksā€™? No sound ? no effect?

Works :smiley:!
Blue: original, White: LinkwitzTransform (Fa=135Hz, Qa=1.19, Ft=70Hz, Qt=0.71)
Measured using PinkNoise from the FusionDSP Tools (unfortunately, there is no WhiteNoise available. Seems, that I have to connect to my NAS for thatā€¦)

1 Like

Good! You can add all files you need in /INTERNAL/FusionDsp/tools
I could also add it in tools package :relaxed:

1 Like

No sound. When I play a file thereā€™s about 2 seconds of sound, then nothing. The transport function is frozen. Pause and rewind donā€™t work. This is in graphic equalizer or convolution mode. I have to turn off the plugin and reboot in order to restore the transport controls. I had to run some errands but now that Iā€™m done Iā€™ll upload a log soon. Oh, itā€™s Volumio 3.173, the production version and fusiondsp 0.1.15

Hi again,

I observed an error which was already mentioned in an other thread:
With FusionDSP enabled, stepping through the play queue (directly selected or using the NEXT button) enters STOP mode and refuses to enter PLAY mode for about a minute.
With FusionDSP disabled, the effect disapears and everything works as expected.

I know that this effect was already reported. So, I donĀ“t want to spam you but maybe the log below can help :slightly_smiling_face:.

RPI Zero W, Adafruit MAX98357 DAC/AMP
Volumio 3.173
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/FG1fUWu.html

Just uploaded a log in graphic equalizer mode. http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/9jPub23.html

Raspberry Pi 400, Volumio 3.173, fusiondsp 0.1.15, audio output USB to Schitt Modi.

With fusiondsp off Iā€™m able to play files. With it on the file plays for a second or two then the audio stops and the transport controls freeze.

Iā€™m not sure what happened but on the PI 400 I tried loading the test files. I played one and got sound. Iā€™m now able to play music also. The only thing that puzzles me is that the loudness contour filter is no longer available.

Thanks for your feedback. I met the problem too. We are working on itā€¦
For the loudness, you have to enable ā€˜more settingsā€™ to access it

Thanks. Looks like the PI 400 works. Iā€™ll see if I can get some of the others to work.

Just uploaded a log from a Pi 4 with a Hifiberry DAC. I set up a queue with one of the fusiondsp test files followed by a folderā€™s worth of music files. I have the loudness contour on in convolution mode. The test file, pink noise, plays. The first music file plays for a second or two and then the audio stops. http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/zdTRlq8.html

One thing thatā€™s consistent from machine to machine is the way a file that wonā€™t play has its name displayed on the screen. The current one on the Pi 4 shows up as ā€œx-flac,pn=,ext=.flacā€ presumably from the metadata. The actual title tag is: ā€œ01 - Sonate 1 in F major - 1. Graveā€

I am green to see if it works with the HiFiBerry DSP Add-On