FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Sorry , Spotify also not working

Spotify is not the same as Spotify Connect

I only see spotify connect2 on the list of plugins. Can you tell me how to get spotify music service in volumio?
Thanks

I see you are on a x86_64 device. Spotify plugin is not available yet, sorry

Just noticed that v.0.1.14 is now available. What’s new in this latest version?

It’s just a code cleaning for the alsa pipeline.
It shouldn’t affect your system. I mean it (unfortunately) don’t solve existing problems…
But we are on it.
Just to know, do you use the plugin, with which sources of music? Are you satisfied? Need something else? Thanks!

1 Like

@balbuze - Regarding sources, I am using a local USB disk source for FLACs and MP3s and I am using some radio stations. Occasionally I use Shairport from my Mac. That’s about it.

FusionDSP seems to be working well once it’s up and running (I am only using parametric EQ to flatten my speaker response, would be great to play with FIR some day). Since you are asking, there is a little room for improvement with the user interface :slight_smile: Coming from Fabfilter ProQ on my Mac I am a little spoiled in that respect!

In fact, I am using ProQ to create the settings on my Mac and then I am transposing those settings to FusionDSP.

Some suggestions for improvement - when I set up the parametric EQ and added equalizers, the action of adding a new EQ would delete the settings for the already existing equalizers. I had to add 12 blank EQs first and then enter the EQ settings to avoid this issue.

I haven’t had time to test whether I can now save and load settings, and whether these settings would survive an upgrade. That would obviously be nice to have – entering all the EQ data gets pretty tedious after a few times :slight_smile: (I am afraid to run the test and lose everything again)

Any kind of graphical interface like ProQ would obviously be amazing but I expect that’s quite unrealistic.

Despite the above suggestions, I am very happy to have this plug in :+1:t2:

p.s. I just had a simple idea for a feature - a global gain for the parametric EQ. I see that there is already L+R gain of up to 0dB but not higher. As you can see from my ProQ screenshot, my parametric EQ curve is always at least -4dB so it would be nice to add back 4dB of gain. (I know that I could probably re-do the EQ settings to get a similar curve but raised 4dB. It’s on the to-do list :slight_smile: )

Thanks for your detailed feedback.
I don’t plan to add a such interface to create Eq… Even if it’s nice. What I plan is eventually display the result curve for the Eq.
When only negative values are used in the plugin, a global attenuation of 2dB is applied to avoid clipping du to possible phase rotation. This something I discussed with CamilllaDsp’s author. For positive values, the plugin calculate the max value used and add 2dB. The negative value of the result is then used.
So, no need to set attenuation by hand.

Edit : no need to create all empty Eq. Create one, set value and snd apply. Then create a new, set value and appi. And so on for each.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply and enjoy your Sunday!

1 Like

Great plugin! Unfortunately, I miss the LinkwitzTransform filter from CamillaDSP. I.e. LinkwitzTransform(Fa,Qa,Ft,Qt). Is it possible to add this filter in a future version?

1 Like

Hello. Yes I think it should be possible :smiley:
Thanks for the suggestion.
Can I ask you in which case you use it?

Was the time delay setting implement for FusionDSP btw? i can’t place the speakers so that my listening position would be equally far away from both speakers.

It is on my to-do list :wink:

2 Likes

Great news :smile:. I plan to use the LinkwitzTransorm filter in a Webradio with a very small speaker to enhance the lower end…

Great!

after all its as important to stereo image as identical left/right response, if you cant freely place the speakers.

Hi!
Linkwitz transform in v0.1.15 :wink:
Please feedback welcome!

2 Likes

Hi,
Don’t know if this the right area to post, feel free to post it to the right one.
Concerning the Fusiondsp features : I understood the convolution is applied thanks to an imported file generated for example from rephase. Are .WAV and .TXT extensions files accepted?
Are the convolutions working for both file and live stream such as Qobuz?
Is a Pi 2B enough powerfull to run this convolution?
Thank you

Hello.
Txt, dbl, pcm file are accepted
Wav are automatically converted to Raw by the plugin.
When the plugin is installed on a armv6 device, such as Rpi zero or rpi2, convolution filters menu is disabled as the lack of power doesn’t allow an acceptable result.

thanks a lot for this fast answer. Great job and long life to Volumio and their developpers.