FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Fir-drc does not support conversion higher than 96khz. . It doesn’t mean FusionDsp can’t.
If you name your filea a explained in the help, you don’t need to resample as the plugin will switch between samplerate according to what is played.

1 Like

Understood, what I am saying is when I use Fusion DSD to convert DSD to 192/24 it will not play. Is this a bug?

2 Likes

Does it play without resampling in FusionDsp?
What is the mode you use? PEQ, convolution?
For info, CamillaDsp can’t work with DSD file without conversion and no software can manipulate DSD. When you resample in Volumio, MPD convert it. It’s why it works…

Yes, it plays if I turn resampling off in Fusion DSP. I am using simple 15Band EQ and running Volumio through a SMSL 8s DAC.

1 Like

Can you test with a low value ? 48000?
Can you use ssh?
If yes can you check

sudo chmod 646 /tmp/camilladsp.log
tail -f /tmp/camilladsp.log

and play with resampling. Buffer underrun?

1 Like

Tested following scenarios using Rasberry Pi4b running USB into DS90PRO (not SMSL) and then analog into Peachtree nova150. I am using Fusion v1.0.39.

Fusion DSP turned Off > Play DSD Song 2.82Mhz> Song plays in DSD format as expected.
Fusion DSP turned On > conversion set to 192 in “Volumio” Playback options, song plays at 192
Turn off conversion in Volumio playback options.
Fusion DSP turned On > no conversion set > Song does not play
Fusion DSP turned On > conversion at 48 > song does not play
Fusion DSP turned On > Conversion at 192 > song does not play

Sorry, I do not know SSH.

Thanks. So it is clear as explained previously, FusionDsp (and CamillaDsp) can’t play DSD without previous conversion, done by MPd when you set resampling in Volumio.
This something I discussed few months ago wiith CamillaDsp author, and there is no way to solve it.
So if you want to play DSD use DSD to PCM.

@balbuze Thank you for looking into this. I think your Fusion DSD is outstanding and something that sets Volumio apart so no complaints here.

Thanks for your words!
Enjoy music! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi - just following up on this @balbuze

Any thoughts on how to get that to work?

1 Like

Kudos and kudos to Balbuze!
Feature request: a “tube effect” filter

1 Like

Do you save settings before exiting?
If yes, something is wrong in your system.
Remove FusionDsp, reboot and reinstall last version.
Let me know.
I problem, send log.

1 Like

Hello,
There is no plan to add special effects…
As you know, FusionDsp is based on CamillaDsp, and unless such filter is add by the author, there’s no way to do it.

1 Like

I did a complete clean install of the latest Volumio, and installed all my usual plugins along with FusionDSP.

It’s a bit finnicky to get it working, but I figured it out following these steps:
Load my convolution filters (I have them across all sample rates, so it then switches to “filter-variable-samplerate.dbl”. I then manually enter the attenuation, as enabling clipping detection would just never work with the loudness setting.

So after selecting filter, manual attenuation and turning loudness on (with threshold at 75%), and clicking apply, it all works.

Is there a way to tweak the loudness curve somewhere?

1 Like

Hi!
No, there is no way to tweak Loudness curve (unless you modify the code in index.js). The curve matches as best as possible with ISO 226: 2003 standard

1 Like

FusionDsp 1.0.44 beta

• Fix when a filter frequency is >samplerate/2*
  • Fix for camilladsp.log access right
  • Better handling for camilladsp config file generation

* When a low samplerate (22050Hz) file or webradio was played with 15 bands or 2x15 bands eq, the system was bricked. Now it shouldn’t :wink:

This a beta… Remove previous version, reboot and install.
Enjoy!

1 Like

FusionDsp 1.0.45 stable

• Fix when a filter frequency is >samplerate/2*
  • Fix for mono channel webradio (no more hanging)
  • Fix for camilladsp.log access right
  • Better handling for camilladsp config file generation
  • Warning for file name in DRC-FIR and more
  • Updated Tools with test signal for HouseCurve (thanks @gregwilding :wink: )
  • Code cleaning

*When a low samplerate (22050Hz) file or webradio was played with 15 bands or 2x15 bands eq, the system was bricked. Now it shouldn’t :wink:
Please reboot after iinstall!
Feedbacks welcome
Enjoy the music!

3 Likes

FusionDsp v1.0.46 beta

• Preset naming separate for each mode @wavelet :wink: )
  • Internal : code cleaning, less log messages

This is a beta though. You have to remove previous, reboot and install…
Enjoy the music :wink: and feedbacks welcome!

2 Likes

Thank you for changing the preset naming! I will test it this evening :smiley:

FusionDsp v1.0.47

• Preset naming separate for each mode
  • Internal : code cleaning, less log messages and clearest
  • New Experimental feature : if clipping is detected (because pre-amp not correctly set) a red popup appears. You have to correct the default then. The limitation is you have to stop and play again to reset the warning. It will be fixed in the future!

Please, reboot after update!
Enjoy the music :wink: and feedbacks welcome!

1 Like