FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

It recommended -3dB but -1 seems fine, I ran some hot content and got no clipping

Alex

1 Like

Please, try to remove the file /tmp/Camilladsp.log and test. Because due to permission setting, file can’t be overwritten and then detection is not correct.
The plugin add 2 or 3 dB because some modern track are recorded at a very high level and it clip even if the correct attenuation is set.
For example ‘Our day will come’ by Amy Winehouse.

Edit: a demo file should gives about 13.xxdB

FusionDsp v1.0.41 stable

• FIR clipping detection fix
  • FIR file name checking
  • FIR auto switch sample rate fix

Enjoy :wink: and feedback!

2 Likes

FusionDsp v1.0.41 stable

Went to delete /tmp/Camilladsp.log but it wasn’t there.

Tested a demo file which gave me -13.6dB

Tested with my FIR crossover files and recommeded -3.62dB but still had no issue using -1 with audio files which contained -0.1dBFS. Not a problem as such as it’s always good to have headroom.

Alex

Ok. Just to explain, for clipping detection, a 3 seconds at 0dB pink noise file is played. If clipping occurs, CamillaDsp report it in the log. The plugin parse the log to and check the highest value for clipping through all measurements (about 10). Then a extra value is added to always avoid clipping.
But I’m glad it works for you with your value!

Hi! I have noticed that loading custom-made presets doesn’t change the “Type of DSP”. I use convolutional filters when listening to speakers and parametric eq with headphones. I have presets made for both, but loading the presets doesn’t switch the DSP type, so it needs some additional clicking. I think it would be great if changing the preset will select the correct “Type of DSP”. Is it possible?
Thanks!

Hello,
This not how I design it… Each preset is defined in each mode.
The hub in Volumio needs an update though with :
3 bands : no preset
15 and 2x15 bands : presets
Peq : presets
Fir : presets
Maybe a scrolling list in the hub to select the mode could be a option.
@mervinio ?

Ok. I understand, separate presets for each mode make sense as well. What I really miss is an option to quickly change both mode and preset. If it can be accomplished using the hub in the future - it would be perfect :smile:

I just have one more suggestion regarding presets. When the preset is saved and renamed, it gets renamed for all modes. This makes an impression as if the preset is used across all modes, not defined in each mode separately. I think it would be better if the renaming will affect only the selected mode to emphasize that the presets are tied to modes.

Hi Balbuze,

a question on presets : is the number limited to 5 only? as we could only save settings on an existing one or rename an existing one, I do no see how to save under a new preset and append it to the existing list? Thanks

Hello,

i am not able to open Camilla DSP, has somebody the same issue?
NSURLErrorDomain
Error Code=-1004 (shown in the Browser)

But could be, that my RPI3B+ is giving up. I think it feels a liitle bit ill :joy:

Oh, on my other RPI i am able to open
Camilla DSP. I will make a new fresh install, i think there is something wrong.

Hi,

Was on FusionDSP 1.0.6 beta, and the Loudness function would never stay on. It would go to on, I’d exit settings, go back and it’s off.

Just upgraded to 1.0.41 beta and the same thing still happens. Is there something else I need to configure for this to work?

Hi, I want to use the Accurate Sound Convolution Filters. Is it possible with FusionDSP and when yes how to use it there?

It should work. But I never tested.
Let us know :wink:

I got now 32-bit float stereo .wav impulse files at sample rates 44.1 kHz to 352.8 kHz. They are 65,536 taps long. But how can I apply them in fusiondsp?
I run Volumio on a Intel mini PC without keys and screen. How can I copy the wav files on this device from a windows PC in the network or can I copy them to the music media directory on the SSD of the mini PC to access them with FusionDSP?

from you pc copy files in the shared folder of volumio /INTERNAL/FusionDsp/filters
Then in FusionDsp you should be able to use them.
Please read the help in the plugin.

1 Like

Really enjoying Fusion DSP, it is truly a great addition to Volumio. I have discovered something that I wanted to bring to your attention @balbuze and it has to do with the resampling feature. When I set the resampling feature using the Volumio playback menu I was delighted to discover that it took DSD files converted them to PCM and played them. Then when I turned that off and went to Fusion DSP and turned the resampling feature on, the DSD files no longer played. It seemed odd.

Is there an explanation for this?

Seems to work I get a test file in 96Khz and 192Khz to damping highs and it sounds like highs damping. In the help you wrote that files with 44100,48000,88000,96000Hz are supported. But my 192Khz is also working the same as 96khz. But the resampling option must be set correct to 96Khz or 192Khz.

Hello. Dsd can’t be equalise without conversion. This is not a FusionDsp (or CamillaDsp) limitation but DSD bu design.