FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Thanks for the info. Was it working before on your system and then stop after an update?

This is a new system previously used OrangePi Lite+PCM5102.

May be I solved my problem. FusionDSP plugin was installed via CLI. I was uninstall plugin via GUI and install again. Now all tracks playing.

Did you install something else after FusionDsp the first time ? (When it was not working)

No, first time was installed only one plugin FusinDSP.

I checked the /tmp/camilladsp.log when it stop playing, and I got this messages
2023-01-12 17:42:00.038364 WARN [src/alsadevice.rs:196] Playback device failed while waiting for available buffer space, error: ALSA function ā€˜snd_pcm_waitā€™ failed with error ā€˜EIO: I/O errorā€™
2023-01-12 17:42:00.039800 ERROR [src/alsadevice.rs:151] Alsa snd_pcm_state() of playback device returned an unexpected error: ENODEV: No such device
2023-01-12 17:42:00.039889 ERROR [src/bin.rs:344] Playback error: ALSA function ā€˜snd_pcm_waitā€™ failed with error ā€˜EIO: I/O errorā€™
2023-01-12 17:42:00.042440 ERROR [src/alsadevice.rs:151] Alsa snd_pcm_state() of playback device returned an unexpected error: ENODEV: No such device
2023-01-12 17:42:00.044666 ERROR [src/alsadevice.rs:151] Alsa snd_pcm_state() of playback device returned an unexpected error: ENODEV: No such device

thanks! it could be useful!

Installed FusionDSP and have been experimenting with it. Absolutely great work! Iā€™m very grateful for the headphone database - my super-dry AKGā€™s are listed there, and FusionDSP totally changed the sound profile of these headphones to become usable - even pleasant. Thanks!

One weird issue: I also use the Podcast plugin, and Iā€™ve been able to reproduce the situation where certain podcasts cause Volumio to partially crash when FusionDSP is enabled. If I disable the FusionDSP plugin (as was true in the years before I even installed it) then those podcasts play fine. And itā€™s not all podcasts: one example would be the BBC Global News podcast. By ā€œpartially crashā€ I mean that the Volumio app UI continues to react, change page, etc. But no further playing occurs for any type of asset - itā€™s as if the player portion has gone dead. I donā€™t know enough about the process structure to comment further. The way out is to reboot, after which I can happily play all sorts of well-EQā€™d music (with FusionDSP) until I try that BBC podcast again. No more sound after that, time to reboot. Versions: Volumio 3.396, FusionDSP 1.0.32.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.
Iā€™m very interested by your log, when the problem occurs.
So, can you please

Just to add my voice to the choir, I also had many issues while FusionDSP was enabled. Albums would rarely play until the end without the player stopping and being unable to play music without a restart although the UI is still mostly responsive, exactly as @GlowTube described. After disabling FusionDSP a few weeks ago, I havenā€™t had this problem again. Would love to see this resolved. (I listen to 16/44 FLAC from a NAS almost exclusively)

A log from when this was happening: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/3SDPxIr.html

Hi Balbuze! I have recreated my problem (FusionDSP + BBC podcast) and have sent the logs:

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/1P5vgOD.html

thanks!
Iā€™m testing right now. But still no issueā€¦ Maybe HW is in cause. Iā€™m not saying your HW is problematic but FusionDsp + HW + Volumio.
Investigation in progressā€¦

Hi
I think there was a hardware problem with my RPI, one of the USB port is behaving strange. I trying another port now, so far so good.

It happens and I caught this error :

2023-01-25 18:25:13.522937 WARN  [src/alsadevice.rs:157] Prepare playback after buffer underrun

Now letā€™s see how to fix itā€¦

2 Likes

reboot :smile:

Every time I try to set any type of EQ with FusionDSP, manual EQ or load parametric EQ txt, no sound is heard when playing and Volumio becomes unstable. Iā€™m on latest version of Volumio and FusionDSP

please post logsā€¦

Where do I find the right log?

Does Volumio setting in Playback options/Mixer type Software/Hardware/None needs to be a specific choice?

For loga, see Sending logs for troubleshooting - Volumio Documentation and send the link.

There is no specific choice required for mixer setting. Just use the one you need

Log url is 404 not found.