FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Just curious, have you every used a parametric EQ? Once you are used to it, you will probably never want to use a graphic EQ again.

Yeah, sure. Personally, graphic EQ is much more intuitive.

1 Like

Thanks! Any chance for extendable up to 30-bands EQ? :blush:

I agree, Parametric EQ is really more precise. You can set precisely frequencies to adjust.
I donā€™t plan to make a 30 ways graphic Eq.
I canā€™t tell when I will add Q for graphic Eq as it is a low priority usage, that may be confusing.
I need to think of it. But as I said, itā€™s on Todo list.

1 Like

Have you ever played with an interactive parametric EQ such as Fabfilter Pro-Q 3? This takes parametric EQ to a whole new level and is very intuitive. I believe you can try it for free for a while. You can also use it to create EQ settings which you can export to other parametric EQ tools such as FusionDSP but you need to multiply the Q settings by 0.707 if you want to convert to the standard which most other apps use. https://www.fabfilter.com

Thanks, mate. Iā€™ve tried a lot of parametric EQs.
BTW, ProQ 3 has very weak functionality and transparency compared to Kirchhoff-eq and many others.

a quick question. When using parametric EQ, where do I set preamp value?
Is it the L+R Gain levels?

The preamp attenuation is calculated and set by the plugin. It uses highest positive value set +2 dB. Ex if you have
Peaking 123,3,1.2
Peaking 234,2,6.3
Peaking 456,-3,3.3
Then attenuation is 3+2=5dB
If only negative values, attenuation is -2dB to avoid potential clipping due to phase rotation.
In an other words, you have nothing to do.
Left and right attenuation are here if you want to add a specific attenuation to a channel.

I have a Pi 4b and using USB to my DACā€¦is there any best practices for suggestions on how to eliminate dropouts or studdering? It seems to work ok for a few mins and the it starts to studder. I have the latest of everything.

1 Like

So I can ignore AutoEQ recommendation regarding the preamp values?
In the Headphone specific section, they state which general preamp values to set. In my case, -6.2db.

Nothing to doā€¦ This is a bug that should be fixed in a future Volumio and FusionDsp version. :wink:

1 Like

Just choose your headphone from the scrolling list, apply, itā€™s done!

1 Like

I hope it will be soon. This is coolest plugin, go Volumio team :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Donā€™t understand why it takes so long.

I will help you with 3 hypothesesā€¦
1- We like when users are waiting for us
2- Nothing is done
3- We are working hard to fix it, but it is something really not easy
Choose oneā€¦ :wink: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Eug I will choose Blue.

1. Linear time doesnā€™t exist, all Volumio releases already exist.
3 Likes

Do you actually realise how much free time this guy (yes, balbuze is an unpaid volunteer) uses to give you a plugin you can use for free? Seems a bunch of ungrateful people we have nowadays.
Really helps motivating us, volunteers (not).

7 Likes

Hey I donā€™t mean it offensive. Iā€™m also software developer and every time customer ask me why this function takes so long they canā€™t understand it lol. Relax.
I would help balbuze but my territory is React web development and CRUD services hehe.

In that case I really donā€™t understand your reaction, your customers are paying you and have an excuse, you donā€™t!
But, letā€™s leave it with that, think you got the pointā€¦

1 Like