FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

what I notice recently is that there could be dropouts mainly during the track’s first few seconds. They disappear, almost completely afterwards.
Could it be performance related somehow? I am only assuming so because of what I described. It could be nonsense…

Hello. Dropout issue is due to a lib used in the Alsa pipeline (alsaloop). This was just a workaround waiting for a true solution…

Do you know when the fix will be released?

1 Like

Sorry no. A part of the fix is on volumio side. Dev are working on it but some other priorities delayed it…
I’m waiting too :wink:

1 Like

Hi I’m new here. I have 2 players hardware RPI4 and audiophonics 9028 and the other one RPI4 and Alloboss2. Volumio3 and DSPlugin works great on Pi and Audiophonics but not on Pi and Alloboss2. As soon as I install the plugin and press ‘apply’ sounds drops completely so no sound at all also after reboot. remove the plugin and it works fine again. I bought the pi/boss2 just to have a better player with Volumio and the DSPplugin because I think it is a great plugin. Is this a known issue or maybe I m doing somethinmg wrong?

1 Like

I do :smiley:. Of course I still have dropouts when playing music from NAS (i.e. FLAC, 96kHz). But with the previous versions I had to disable and re-enable the plugin very often because of sudden termination of sound when changing a webradio station. After the update (Volumio+FusionDSP), this behavior disapears completely (tested intensively for more than 4 days).
By the way: I can actually hear no dropouts when playing webradio (i.e. MP3, 128Kbps)…

1 Like

Version 0.1.28
Improvement

• Work on convolution filters

New

• 4 New Hrtf crossfeed : Natural 30deg, Natural 50deg, SADIE D1, SADIE H15m thanks to wbinek for his PR!

Warning : installation may take several minutes due to new libraries and python3 required
Please test and feeback
Still no fix for dropout…

2 Likes

I had FusionDSP 0.1.28 beta installed and didn’t get any sound when playing a track (from my NAS). I then disabled it and that of course fixed it. But then I was having intermittent ALSA underrun errors in my logs when streaming through Spotify Connect (manifesting as split second dropouts), even with the plugin disabled. Uninstalling the plugin altogether solved it.

I guess this is part of the dropouts problem people are mentioning in this thread?

Hello
Yes it is the problem… The worka use in Alsa not always work…
Waiting for a fix from volumio :wink:

I have just updated to the new Volumio version. So far, No dropouts using FusionDSP 0.1.28.
Did they do something at the Volumio level?
BTW, when it works, it works like a charm :slight_smile:

So is it fixed now or not?

No, v0.1.28 does not fix dropout.
But, I had news today from volumio and this issue should be fix very soon :grinning:

6 Likes

Great!

i’d give a try. for me, two days have passed with no dropouts.
I am finally enjoying my HE400se.

I hope i didnt jinx my self…

1 Like

Running Rasp 4 here … latest Volumio , allo boss dac…
When i run local flac files… after two or 3 songs dropouts will start…
Listening to Spotify it seems to work better … 8 songs so far and no dropouts…
Yet when it works it sounds great… i have some room gains in some frequenties… this i can tune down a bit… ( Love it ) … hope soon it will work perfectly stable… ))

Regards,

3 Likes

For me its unstable. After some time its getting down. Convolution only provides spiker and lag.

btw BruteFIR Was working like a charm.

Normal 15 band equalizer crushed after 1,5h listening.

1 Like

Hi…installed today but I dont see the loudness setting. I was very excited to see them in the screen shots but have they been removed?plugin
Thanks for any help
…nevermind…i enabled the software mixer but did not restart…after the restart it appeared.

Yes, Loudness is available only if volume mixer is set different from “none” in Volumio playback.
The effect is linked to volume level :wink:

Hey! I wish you would add a 30-band EQ with a programmable Q-factor like GEQ :pray:

Good suggestion for the adjustable Q value. Added on Todo list… :wink:

2 Likes