FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Thank you for your help, I may give it another try, by “loading my filters” i m not sure if you meant into fusiondsp or not, either way thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Yes I mean in FusionDsp. I placed them in the folder “filters” and then selected them in the list (you have to refresh the page) and press apply… That’s it!

I have the same problem but only when I play an album from Qobuz. Streaming my own album is not a problem. If I disable FusionDSP the playing from Qobuz work again

Ok, I see the problem even if I don’t know how to fix it…
A test you can do: If you have a second volumio device, use multiroom from the first device with FusionDsp enabled to stream to the other device. Use Qobuz and see if better.
Let me know if you can test it.
Thanks

Sorry, right now I only have one device

Hi. First time posting. Love Volumio.

I’ve been experimenting with Fusion DSP and have been able to correct my boomy room using the 15 Band Equaliser; delighted.

When I stream files located on my network is works really well with zero stuttering / lags etc.

However, when I connect my Amazon Music via Airplay it eventually turns into a stuttering mess and I just give up. I thought I’d reached the perfect music solution for me but sadly not.

Airplay with Fusion DSP turned off is fine.

Has anyone experience this?

Version: 3.512 Pi4 4GB Ethernet

One thing you can try is to increase the audio buffer in Settings - Playback Options. I have two Volumio systems and they work best with different buffer sizes based on their different network speed.

Hello
I disables fusion dsp and the the other plugin for display. Rebooted normally. re-enabled fusin dsp and all back to normal, except for the freezing.

On the freezing - I re-read the volumio documentation and saw that volumio re-sampling was ON, and this is documented as a no-no when using Fusiondsp. After turning that off, I am happy to say that system is running more reliably. I ran for 2 days with no freezing, but then this morning it froze. Rebooting Volumio worked as usual. Display plugin is still removed so thats not the problem. I think we’re closer. I am going to bypass re-sampling by creating fir filters for each sample rate and install.
Just waiting for an active crossover to arrive. Thanks for the support, I’ll report back in a week or so on reliabillity.

I think I’ve made some progress with regard to Airplay stuttering, FusionDSP & CamillaDSP.

I read the CamillaDSP config settings at GitHub and made changes to the config file in the GUI based on the recommended defaults and saving them. What seemed to be key was enabling “enable_rate_adjust” since it documented “This enables the playback device to control the rate of the capture device, in order to avoid buffer underruns of a slowly increasing latency.” So far I haven’t experience the stuttering effect.

In a separate posting; the adjusted config file is only persistent if the settings are saved in “camilladsp.yml”. Otherwise, stopping, pausing, changing, reconnecting Airplay cause them to be lost.

The CamillaDSP is available at the [ipaddressofvolumio]:5011 . Volumio doesn’t listen on all ports and redirects to the loopback interface 127.0.0.1; (suggestion to the volumio team)

I’ve copied my camilladsp.yml file for people to look at. The relevant section in the file is under devices: since anything past this is unique to my EQ which I’ve deleted.

devices:
adjust_period: 10
capture:
channels: 2
extra_samples: 4096
filename: /tmp/fusiondspfifo
format: S16LE
read_bytes: 0
skip_bytes: 0
type: File
capture_samplerate: 0
chunksize: 1024
enable_rate_adjust: true
enable_resampling: false
playback:
channels: 2
device: postDsp
format: S32LE
type: Alsa
queuelimit: 4
rate_measure_interval: 1
resampler_type: BalancedAsync
samplerate: 44100
silence_threshold: -60
silence_timeout: 3
stop_on_rate_change: false
target_level: 1024

1 Like

to make it permanentyou can change

/data/plugins/audio_interface/fusiondsp/camilladsp.conf.yml 

I don’t understand… Did you reboot once after install?

These settings may not work on other system…
But if ok for you, fine!

1 Like

HI Balbuze

Have you already created this guidline in order to drive us in the DSP/REW journey ?

I am equiped with micro, AD-Card and REW but need explanations.

many thanks

Georges

HI
Few minutes after started the music, clipped samples number increases. I have set the level of each chanel = -10 db. Does it mean this is not enough ? should Clipped samples be close to zero ?

Should be zero!
What is the mode of eq you use?
Is auto preamp enabled?
Do you use Loudness?

Hi
I switched the preamp off as the gap level between the position off on is too hear able.
Yes clipped when loundness is on
I set the level at - 10db the vumeter is now below 0 .

I think i have the anwser to my question.

Thanks

Auto preamp adjust the value to not clip Disable it lead to clipping. The manual value set would be equal to the automatic to avoid clipping … So no benefit.
With Loudness enabled, it’s a bit more complicated. As Loudness filters are dynamically adjusted when volume level is changed in Volumio, the attenuation value needs to be increased when Volume level decrease. In some case, according to filters used, automatic preamp is not enough.
But in short, in digital domain, it is not possible to increase a value above 100% (ex increasing level for a frequency). The workaround is to reduce all other, except the one chosen. :wink:

Hello!
FusionDsp v1.0.49 stable

• fix default setting for EQ3
  • installation cleaning
  • Dropout : possible improvement for Airplay and Tidal Connect. But need your feedback :wink:

Reboot after update!
Feedback welcome.

3 Likes

Tip of the day :smile:
hello
If you’re using convolution filters and different sample rate (your local collection or streaming services Qobuz, Tidal) you must provide filters for ALL sample rate played or result will be incorrect!
FusionDsp handles this if you provide correctly named filters, like above :wink:

• myfilter-44100.xxx
  • myfilter-48000.xxx
  • myfilter-88200.xxx
    and so on for ALL sample rate!
    Then, select the first one for each channel and save…
    then you get :

Now you can play nicely your files!
If you can’t provide all filters, set resampling in FusionDsp to match with the one you have.

The latest version seem to have fixed the problem, many thanks
/Lars

1 Like

Hello,

I just want to confirm i have this setup corretly to use convolution filters.

Especially since it very hard to tell if the other bit rates are being used for the filters.

Also the attentuation numbers automatically populated after i added the filters, but not 100% surehow to interpret them

Thanks;
Leo

Everything seems to be working except for 176.4 and 192k filters. There is alot of static and what seems like skipping.

1 Like