FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Hi!

does it means it was working before? If yes, what changed?
Re-installing old version is not a good idea.
Can you please send log? See How to send a log link for a bug report?
Can you use ssh?
Thanks

Hi Balbuze - I also re-did the rephase filter files for multi-sample rate files to try to eliminate the re-sampling in the dsp as the issue. System still freezes sadly.

One other issue is that I couldnt connect to Camilladsp with gui - timed out from connection. I re-installed fusiondsp and not gui works.

Cheers, twsea

Did you reboot after installation? and try to go Gui with address IP:5011
What happens with filters provided?
Can you shares your files?

I use Volumio with a HifiBerry Dac2HD plus the HifiBerry DSP board on a Raspberry PI 3B, powered by IanCanada’s PurePi. The system works well.

Does Fusion DSP use the HifiBerry DSP board or is it a pure software solution? If it does not use the DSP board, can it be configured to use it and would there be an advantage from doing so?

Hello!
FusionDsp is based on CamillaDsp. It is a pure high quality software DSP.
There is no way to use an other HW DSP.
I don’t know what hifiberry dsp is able, but FusionDsp implement plenty of features that probably doesn’t exist on hifiberry…

Hi!
I have the basic knowledge to how to create FIR filters for Roon or other convolution engines, but the files I make are much larger than the ones FusionDSP “create filter” function creates, and even if I copy my own FIR filters in the target directory and load it in FusionDSP convolution engine, it does not work.
FusionDSP generated FIRs works fine but I feel it could be much better and I had better luck with the FIRs I created for Roon.
I use REW to make the FIRs.
Any suggestions ? solutions on how to make FIR filters for FusionDSP?

Hello.
You can use filters generated by REW or any other tools. It supports different format (wav,txt,dbl,).
Creating filter in FusionDsp is just an other way to do it. It uses DRC-FIR and you just need an impulse from REW.
I don’t know what Roon generates.

Thanks for the reply,
I do import my IRs to FusionDSP to generate DRC FIRs and it works fine, but when I try to use the DRC FIR filters that i generated by REW, it does not work in FusionDSP, I didn’t generate the filters in roon ;-).
I’m guessing there is some configuration or format that I need to change but not sure what.

When you say filter generated by REW don’t work, what do you mean? There is an error? No sound? Bad quality?
How do you generate it in REW?

Yeah it would show in the drop down menu but it wouldn’t load and show error message if I’m not mistaken, the generated files were PCM 32bit float if I remember correctly, but I may be wrong, I switched to roon for a while now which the REW generated DRC FIRs work fine, but wanna switch back to volumio and need to figure this out.
Creating DRC FIR Filter in REW:

Can you share your filter please. I’ll have a look ASAP ! (tonight?)

Sure, Thanks for your help!
This one was created today since I moved things around and it works fine in Roon, this is the 48k version, the 96k is about 4mb, the DRC filters created by fusiondsp is about 512Kb I believe.

Ok. I 'll have a look tomorrow.
But I’m surprised by the (huge) size of your files.
I let you know :wink:

Here is the DRC file created by FusionDSP from the same IR.
I also tried to record some samples with Volumio and Roon, same songs, same source and setup, both using same IR for DRC, Roon DRC generated with REW, and Volumio DRC generated by FusionDSP.
The recording is very boomy and bass heavy but it is not like that when listening.
I like the Roon one better sounds more natural and more balanced to me, the Volumio sounds a little thin (missing lower mid) and that is what annoys me, something is not right here.

FusionDSP DRC generated files:
FUSIONDSP-DRC FIRs.zip (451.9 KB)

Recorded Samples:
Volumio VS Roon DRC.zip (6.2 MB)

this one works fine in FusionDsp

work too

Might be due to different target curve. And maybe not the same computation. But why not use filters you like in Volumio? Or I miss soething?

look like
left

right

look lilke
left

right

where is file used in ROON?

Roon DRC:
03 - Pos02-ATR-90-8-28.zip (3.6 MB)

Yeah the fusionDSP one looks wrong!

Both DRC IRs (REW and FusionDSP) are using the same IR and same Harman House Curve.

Might be due to different target curve. And maybe not the same computation. But why not use filters you like in Volumio? Or I miss soething?

That was the original question, lol. it is not working in fusionDSP (volumio).

I loaded your filters and I still see no problem… It just play fine.
I just suggest you to rename with full sample rate at the end : 01-ST-P2-DRCFIR-8-28-44100.wav so that FusiionDsp can switch between sample rate automatically.
left

right