File system on USB drive goes read only

I have a large music library on a server that is accessible to Volumio via the network, but the connection is slow. I therefore decided to keep a copy of my music library on a USB disk connected to my RPI/Volumio, and keep this copy synchronized with the server (using rsync and crontab magic during off hours).

However, it looks like I cannot write any changes or new files to the USB drive, because the file system is “read only”:

volumio@volumio:~$ mount | grep sda1 /dev/sda1 on /media/29f709e0-f6fb-4671-b4d8-418d0e8a310f type ext4 (ro,nosuid,nodev,noatime,stripe=8191,data=ordered,uhelper=udisks)

Why is this, and how can I change it?

Edit: I found that the problem occurs with EXT3/EXT4 and NTFS file systems. With a FAT file system, things behave as expected. However, FAT does not work well with rsync, so it’s not a good workaround. Why does Volumio make EXT3/4 and NTFS file systems read only?

I found that the file system stays writable if I turn off journaling with EXT3/4. I don’t understand what’s going on. Is this a bug?

Honestly don’t understand why. You can have a look at /etc/udisks-glue.conf , we use it to mount USB drives

So is that a confirmed solution

How so you turn off journaling. Im formatting from easeus