DIY streamer with volumio in standard 43cm box

Thanks, I confirm that I already had many such offers - but I still refuse :slight_smile:

That looks absolutely stunning Lausiv. Well done mate :ok_hand: :+1:

1 Like

This is the best integration I’ve seen I think. How did you the touch screen to work when the screen is behind a sheet of glass?

3 Likes

Thanks you; I didn’t - I don’t use it as touch display (although it is touch screen) - If you need it touchable - it cannot be behind such thick glass. I don’t need it to be touch screen (for me touch screens in streamers are useless) - it is located about 3 meters from my listening position :wink:

1 Like

Thanks - no I don’t really need it either. I saw you had a touch screen and assumed and then questioned. So could I buy the non-touchscreen versions in the link you gave and it will still work the same with your customisations?

One, last question. I find that when I edit the CSS it gets overridden when I upgrade Volumio system. Have you found a way to get around that?

Dominic

3 Likes

“… So could I buy the non-touchscreen versions in the link you gave and it will still work the same with your customisations?” - my customizations should working with any screen with 1920x480 resolutiom (but be carefull while buying - there you need too a board for connecting this screen with RPI - I am not sure if there is a version with this board and without touch :slight_smile: But in general there should be no difference (regarding to my UI customization) if it is touch or not touch screen.

?..I find that when I edit the CSS it gets overridden when I upgrade Volumio system. Have you found a way to get around that?" - here I can’t help I did not upgraded yet but please read this thread Contemporary optimizations for small landscape displays (7" raspberry) - #112 by lausiv

• there should be answer by 2aCD for your question :slight_smile:

Finally after 3 months I have my pi2aes. So I was able to plug it into my rpi4 and power it with my linear power supply. As promised, I took some pictures of my streamer inside, there is not much to show, but there you go (but please keep in mind, I had an old chasis so I tried to use the existing mounting holes and of course had to make some new necessary holes for the rpi4)

Have fun guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great project, thanks for sharing

1 Like

Any photos of the inside? I’d love to see our PI2AES in all it’s glory! :wink:

Never mind!

Hi Mike, so could you please explain a bit, what kind of photo you would like to see more?

I saw this project on diyaudio on FB, dude you inspired me, so much so I ordered pretty much similar parts to you. I really want to try and make it like yours!

I have never tinkered with a Raspberry pi before or done coding. So I’ve been reading the forums and obviously found this and 2aCD thread just to prepare myself.

Thanks for posting so others like me have an easier time learning.

Hoping I can share my project with you and maybe get some input.

1 Like

Very nice build! I just ordered the display from Aliexpress. I have a Electrocompaniet EC4 (same father to my amp as to yours. Per Abrahamsen) so when I saw your project I was very happy! I have a question though. What PSU are you using in your build. I´m using the Asus Tinkerboard S instead of the Pi4, but I think they draw about the same current. 2.5A-3.0A. Have a nice day! <3

Thanks,

PSU is dedicated custom linear power supply 24V 3a and it powers directly pi2aes then pi2aes is sending 5V to rpi4

I’m so close to doing a similar project, all the parts finally came.

My only issue is the touch screen digitiser doesn’t seem to work.

I connected into my windows 10 laptop and it just doesn’t recognise the touch screen or board.

The screen doesn’t come with drivers or instructions so I’m not sure if it’s the board or the digitiser itself. Something i will have to check and look into.

The screen itself is nice, clear and works well.

Now please remember this is my first time doing this.

I managed to install volumio and installed the touch screen plugin.

When the screen was connected I wasn’t getting anything from it, so I just read a few forums and copied a script to the config file just to get it working.

I didn’t actually know what I was doing, as im just learning as I go.

But simply I copied these lines.

hdmi_cvt=480 1920 60
Hdmi_drive=1
Hdmi_mode=87
Hdmi_group=2
#dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

To the config file and saved it.

It came up with a few errors but the screen came to life. It’s in portrait mode presently but happy I got this far.

Now I need help for the rest?! What do I do now guys?

I’d like to have it landscape mode but also have the ability to use the touch screen and control functions.

Thanks!

1 Like

in the touch display plugin is a option to rotate.

or do this…

1 Like

ok this is great i copied the ipconfig file but what do i do with the app-313 file?

How do i use this file?

Thanks

Why don’t you use my userconfig file? It should work for your screen as well. There is rotation and full streaching to all borders of the screen.

It is better to use userconfig instead of config - config file can be replaced after some updates of volumio system.

1 Like

Thanks Lausiv

I have done that now and it seems to be working properly, i also used it in the userconfig file.

what do i do with your UI css file?

1 Like

You can replace original one, but I suggest to use additional menu following 2aCD thread.

1 Like