DigiOne Coaxial/BNC output for RPI

Cool. Not sure why I didn’t think of this before but by looking in the boot/overlays directory of my current Arch Linux Arm install, I could see that the allo-digione file was already there.

Thanks for the advice.

(@allo) There is a Bnc to Rca adapter available, but I wonder why? If it would make sense to use such an adapter to use the Bnc connector of the DigiOne to connect to an Rca input, why is there a seperate Rca connector on the board? Supplying the adapter would seem more logical if there is no difference or even when Bnc with adapter would be preferable.

Should I go for the Bnc with adapter or just use the Rca connector?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Some Spidif implementation (RCA) have a termination resistor of 75Ohm (instead of 50Ohm)

For those setups RCA/BNC can work

Frankly speaking in a properly implemented coaxial RCA you don’t need it.

I would like to draw your attention to this thread https://volumio.org/forum/digione-needs-sync-with-dac-before-playing-music-t7146.html that I posted to bug reports regarding the DigiOne taking time to sync with the DAC and resulting in dropping the first couple of notes of the music. @michealangelo seems to think this may be a limitation in the driver. I was wondering if @allo could comment on this? Thanks.

I already did…the problem is that initializing the new clocks and buffers takes at least 250ms…

Have you tried simply increasing the buffer ?

I’m now on my way to replace Hifiberry Digi+ with DigiOne and have a couple of questions.

1. Could you please answer what GPIO pins DigiOne is using? I want to keep my current setup with LCD display.
    For example these pins are using by Digi+
    2 ALT0 UP # I2C communication DAC chip
    3 ALT0 UP # I2C communication DAC chip
    6 INPUT DEFAULT # do not use, reserved for Master clock
    18 ALT0 DEFAULT # I2S
    19 ALT0 DEFAULT # I2S
    20 ALT0 DEFAULT # I2S
    21 ALT0 DEFAULT # I2S
  2. Is it possible to feed Digione from Linear PSU straight thru the GPIO Pin separately from RPi? Now i have nice combo with double line LT1084 regulated LPSU and 30VA, 2x7v toroidal transformer. So, in theory a can use two lines to feed each device by it’s own.

Now that how it looks. The Neutrik connectors were added a couple weeks ago (rj-45, usb and hdmi). I don’t want to loose all this stuff.

Thank you!

Will reply on Monday , today our tech team is off

DigiOne review

digitalaudioreview.net/2017/ … pberry-pi/

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Hi, I am interested in this board. I would like to know how you get <0.5ps timing jitter when board uses the WM8805 chip that says it achieves best 50ps RMS jitter.

Also what is the maximum audio rates, bit depth this board can support, e.g. 192kHz/24bit.

Has DSD output been tested? Thanks

If you scroll back on this topic, you can find most details you are looking for like the explanation on how the low jitter is achieved.

Max resolution is 24/192 (as per coax SPDIF standard).

Not sure on DSD. I suppose DSD over DoP could/should work for some lower resolution, but the DAC should support it offcourse.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Good Day Gents,

Is there any issue(s) with using the coax and BNC connections simultaneously? Would like to run one through a MuTec and the other direct to the DAC for comparisons sake…

Regards,

bb3ii

Technically it should work.

Hi! Still no news regarding what GPIO pins are used by Digione? Also I have another question. What if i already have Sparky and I want to buy only USBridge hat? Is it possible or i should buy a bundle?

Here you go.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59c8317baa3e9/DigiOne-Header-PIN-Out-Details.pdf

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You can buy only the USBridge HAT. Please contact us through the website

HI,

I’d like to know how to set the main volume (by default) of the digione to a lower level?

I mean, i use it without software volume control, i want to keep it that way, but the volume is really high in the very first degrees of my amp. I think lowering it would allow me to have a wider range of volume.

I’m using the Digione In coaxial connection to a smsl ad18 amp, which is admitted to have a smooth range of volume increase.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer :slight_smile:

Digione outputs digital bitperfect stream. Volume is not available.

Hello,
I think that the philosophy of allo and volumio is perfect,
great sound without compromise, no volume, no tone control,
only and only excellent sound.
I have tested all the digital cards mounted on raspberry pi 3
I used a dac, amplifier and speakers and cables all hiend
the digione is the number one that sounds better,
I compared volumio + digione all powered with linear PSU with the top server / server music for over 1000 €
with MAC + mutec digital sound card, I have to bow ,volumio sounds is better
everything is more real, and the sound image is perfect, wide and deep, all the instruments
I’m in the right place, Congratulations !!! Good Job

Thanks Bruco!
Really happy to hear that

Qustion: How about soldering the digital coax directly onto the allo digione board? BNC or RCA?

Hi!
Using volumio via digione - and love it.
My new project ist to integrate Rasp/DigiOne and appropriate power supply into a case fitting to the rest of the hifi gear. That ist more or less the same as they do here:
audiophonics.fr/fr/raspdac/ … 12643.html
And there is the qustion: How about soldering the digital coax directly onto the allo digione board? (Instead of using extra wire to extra digital outlet.)
For example using good audioquest carbon coax/ HD6 off the reel or Belden or whatever. How will that effect the 75 Ohm impedance? If i do this, there will only be one 75 Ohm plug on the other side connecting it to my dac.
On the digione it looks easier to solder something behind BNC port (although i need RCA output). Good idea or better not to mix them?
Everyone here will understand that digione is that good that cable issues are quite important…
Pardon me for my english and tecnical ignorance. Thanks for your help.