Contemporary optimizations plugin for local connected displays

HI!! can you put your 3,5" configurations?
Thank you so much!!!

Finished my box!

Hi rv_radio,
what you can do is, create an picture with your aspect ratio. Then place your tape picture on your created picture on the left side, with photoshop or another photo editor. Then upload the result as new background picture and select it only for play screen. I have create an option for this.
As last you can disable the albumart
Best regards
2aCD

Many Thanks, 2aCD.

I’ll try and keep you updated
would this still work for gif if I make one with cassette tape wheel rotating?

Thank you.

nope it’s a static img.

I still love this work, and it makes volumio SO much better!

Just one thing would make it near perfect: The ability to save settings and import them back after updating.

1 Like

Hi Xhorder
yes I know the problem.
I‘m working at time on a plugin for this modification. The plugin you can disable for a system update and enable again without losing the settings.
I think then this problem is solved. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi 2acd,
I have updated to buster v 3.102 and now I can no longe lr have the contemporary optimization display available. When the song is started the display is switching to Screensaver and meters are moving normally. I guess the layout has been changed Thanks

Hi Lintbf,
yes, a new StyleID is published with this version.
I have update the appearance mod for Buster 3.102

Please install the new version from first post for 3.102 Buster

Best regards
2aCD

1 Like

Hi @2aCD , Volumio 2.853 user here with RPI 3B+ and the official RPI touchscreen display 7’’
I manage to install your mod 1 and works like a charm! This a very game changer for people like us with the official display.
I see that with the albumart shadow enabled, the overall system is become a little slow (scroll down the album list in my NAS share) so I keep it off. Maybe is a limitation of my RPI 3

Here same results:

Many thanks for your incredible work!

Greetings from Italy!

1 Like

btw. your pi is underpowered … see in picture lighting bolt… 3amp / 5.1 volt should solve that.

WARNING!!! Installing this UI is likely to break your system when new updates are applied.

This explains the strange reports of broken installs we had recently…

We are going to cooperate with 2aCD to integrate his excellent mods for everyone, but in the meantime I strongly suggest not to apply this mod manually if you want to update volumio.

2 Likes

Would be awesome if they could be integrated for remote devices as wel. Peppymeters on a tablet for instance.

I wish I have knew before. Hopefully I don’t mean to update Volumio soon.
We’ll wait the integration of this mod in the official release.
Thanks for this

There is a strongly advised update out. See:
https://community.volumio.com/t/important-notice-to-all-volumio-users-firmware-update-needed/49952/34

1 Like

@2aCD
3.105 is out already, plugin is not installing.

give him the time to alter the set-up

Hi together
we are working on update save implementation for this mod. Please give us a little bit time :wink:

As workaround do the follow for a system update inplace:

• Uninstall the contemporary optimizations
  • make a system update
  • look in /volumio/http/www3/styles folder and remove the old css (the new starts with 17….css)
  • download the latest contemporary optimizations package and install it again
    In the latest package the 17…css is implemented.

I think that should works.

Please give me a hint if this procedure works.
Best regards
2aCD

Hi @2aCD,
it does not work for me.
I was still running 3.067 with the your files from Apr 16th.
I updated Volumio to 3.105 and downloaded your latest v5.7
I removed the old css
copied your files and ran the install script.
Then I go to #Settings #Appearances, No Configuration Available.

HI, honestly I think I’ll wait the official integration of your mod!

Many thanks

it’s really hard to listen to music with the original display, my ears hurt. :crazy_face: