[Closed] Volumio 2 for Cubox-i is coming

We’re working on it. This is something not particular to cubox, we hope to solve this soon.

Great. Thanks.

Hi

Maybe useful for the wifi issue
I dropped the files “brcmfmac4329-sdio.txt” and “brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt” in /lib/firmware/brcm (both used to be present in other distros like archphile)
Here is the dmesg output after reboot

Looks like I have the 4329 version of the chip on my now discontinued cubox-i2 ultra.
I cannot manage to have it scanned for wireless network.

Hope you manage to sort it out

yes, this will be looked into as well, hope 4329 supports ap mode, if not then …

+1
The same issue
WiFi does not work with volumio-2.032-2016-11-27-cuboxi.img and volumio-2.029-2016-11-18-cuboxi.img
Could I kindly ask to fix it?

Look, it makes no sense to post the same in different threads, it is already difficult enough to keep track.
It would not speed up the fixing anyway…

So I tried volumio-2.029-2016-11-18-cuboxi and the kernel panics during a scan of my music. This appears to have been reported earlier as the scan just stopping, but plugging in a monitor shows that the cause is a kernel panic related to a spinlock. Unfortunately it scrolled a large amount of data on the screen with no real way for me to capture it. If there is a suggestion on how to capture a kernel panic debug output I’d be happy to do that.

I’ve heard people mention v1.55 for the cubox, but as a newbie I don’t know where to find it. It isn’t available from the download page. Any pointers appreciated. Perhaps I’ll try Volumio 2 on a Pi, perhaps the kernel is more stable.

I heard that Pi have some USB problems that lead to bad sound quality and cracks on playback.
Si I do not know if it is better to move to Pi.

If you have time, then wait. SolidRun confirmed, they ware going to send the cubox within the next 2 weeks.
Seeing we received questions/ reports re. cubox for nearly 2 months now, it is on top of our list.
-Gé-

Glad to hear that it’s going to be fixed soon,
I sent requests to SolidRun before also, however SolidRun support is not so kind as it was 2 years ago.
I will postpone to look other solutions also, as I like volumio.

Just a small note, we have made substantial progress with wifi across platforms, including cuboxi.
Most problems are solved, for cubox I have a little issue is left while scanning for AP’s.
Hopefully this can be eliminated the coming week.
-Gé-

Great!!

Inviato dal mio XT1039 utilizzando Tapatalk

New release!
updates.volumio.org/cuboxi/volum … xi.img.zip

Please test it, and if everything is good, we’ll release for everyone

Thanks for the new version.

I tried it. Doesn’t seem to be working at all. It looks as if the system is not starting (Cubox-i2eX).

Could there be something wrong with the image? Also re-downloaded image and cross-checked with old version 2.029 be re-flashing several times. Old version (still) is ok.

Can someone else please confirm if working/not working for them?

Hi Cees,
yes, something got mixed up with building the image. We’re on it and will issue a new version asap.
Sorry about that…
– Gé -

Hi - on behalf of the 7,500 cubox users may I ask please how this is coming along? Based on the ‘asap’ I for one have been checking in here several times a week.

Thanks for the good work!

Caroline

For clarification: mine was a general question to anyone who knows anything, and wasn’t specifically aimed at the OP, so don’t feel shy if you do know something!

Hi Caroline,

Have you seen the recent posts in https://volumio.org/forum/cubox-error-t5436.html?

There is a new test-image on gkpch’s server for us to try out, see link in above topic. Mind you, thought - as the official version becomes available you might have to re-install without the possibility of updating.

Have fun :slight_smile:

Please find version 2.221 here to download.

Hi,

I try to replace the original kernel with rt one (4.1.38-rt46). It was working well with volumio1 but it seems it is not working with volumio2.

Normally I just replace the dtbs/zimage/system.map with the new files.

Should I run something after the replace? Is there any special settings on the kernel side what I have to compile in? What is the different on the system level between volumio 1 and 2?

Thanks!