Cannot login to Tidal because of Apple ID account

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve used the new “Register with Apple ID” feature when creating my Tidal account, meaning authentication is password-less and handled by the browser/OS. My username looks like this: jiinna4i@privaterelay.appleid.com. I guess you would have to implement something to redirect to the Tidal page to make this work?

Best regards,

Rene

1 Like

Hi Rene, yes and we are already on top of this. We are working on a completely revamped TIDAL implementation. release should not be that far :wink:

Perfect! Thanks for your work. I’ve used Volumio for the last time a few years ago and now on a Rpi 4 it’s as fast and stable as ever for me. The only other concern I have is the user experience of the iOS app. The jump from being used to the user experience of Tidal or Spotify is quite large. But I absolutely understand this is a (mostly) free product and your focus is probably more on bug fixing and features. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Thanks for your words! What would you improve on the ios app? What don’t you like about it?

Hi, I’m having the same issue here. Please let us know when a patch is available. Thank you!

Any idea how long until a fix is available? I just started a virtuoso trial thinking I could listen to Tidal and compare audio quality to Spotify. But now it seems I can’t link my Tidal account to Volumio, because I used an Apple account…

We implemented it and will release a test mode for new tidal in one week. This will make it work with apple ID. Will keep you posted here

2 Likes

Hi there,
Any update on this one?
Is there any option to use apple id when sign in to Tidal via Volumio?

With the new implementation (which we plan to release within days) you will be able to login with AppleID. See:

Just updated my volumio and got the new login options. And it works; I am able to use Tidal with my Apple ID. Thanks!

Great to hear!!!