Cannot login to Spotify plugin

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.779
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B+
DAC: HiFiBerry DAC Plus

I installed and activated the Spotify plugin in version 2.0.2. When I try to login with my free Spotify account, I get the error message ‘Spotify Login Failed’ in the upper right corner. I double-checked my credentials and made sure I entered them correctly - nothing has changed.

What can I do?

The Spotify plugin requires a paid for Spotify account.

Oh welcome to Volumio, btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your quick answer!

I am a newbeeie. I had Spotify and Spotify connect working on my Volumio 2.197. I am unable to login today. I am using an RPI4 with volumio2.917 and Volumio 3.152 on a separate card. I have a Spotify premium account which was working yesterday. The account is still active.

Please stop to post three times the same thing!

As pointed out by balbuze, lease don’t post the same thing to several topics, especially if they are old threads, which may no longer be relevant.

Have you tried again at a later time? If you are still having problems, then send the link to the system log:

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

Hi Ian, Sorry about repeating myself earlier. This is the first time I posted on any forum. The topic had appeared in three different instances on Google hence my confusion. I have tried Volumio 2.917 and used the Volumio 3.150 Beta on another raspberry Pi for testing out the features. This seems to have caused a security issue with Spotify. I received an e-mail from them asking me to change my password , after which everything worked okay.

Good that you’re sorted, and welcome to Volumio. :slight_smile: