Allo Vana Player

Thnx!

Ordering Vana player!

v

All bugs have not be solved… we are still working on releasing a bug free release. All our team is concentrating on that.

We are getting much closer. Our last image seems stable at this point. We are doing the last tests playing different sample rates files , changing xover , etc.

If everything is fine we will release tomorrow.

Sorry for the delays…people are already off (from our team)… we should post the image as soon s its ready.

Volumio 2.0.44
First boot, hotspot is created with an edimax wifi dongle. No password is asked.

• Network setting : Problem, in settings, even with wifi activated, no network appears (no menu entry for that). I enabled/disbabled hotspot. After 3 boots, it was ok…
  • Playback option : piano 2.1 is not auto selected (detected). Have to enabled i2s dac reboot etc…
    After that, I heard the starting sound. In settings no more option for dsp settings…(no menu entry)
  • My music : can’t detect my NAS. Manual setting. Scan stops after 5 albums. REscan… After 1h30 it seems nothing have change. I just see some mp3. Can’t see my flac folder.
  • playback : I played a mp3. It takes 10 sec before starting. It play 3 sec and stop 7 sec (duration is very approximative).
  • Can’t ssh the device… connection closed by remote host when entering password.
    Sorry but it seems not ready. Let me know if you need more info.

Hi

I am working on a setup with a RPi, a Piano 2.1 and Volt amp. I started modifying a Rasptouch from Audiophonics, great player, but I want a subwoofer and an amp included. The Piano 2.1 and the Volt works great. I am using a Monitor Audio Radius Speakers and Subwoofer, the Piano was set to 2.1, however I may try 2.2 today. Some minor issues with the wifi, maybe too far from the wireless base. I may connect directly via network cable. So far I can play spotify and my library on an external USB 1TB HDD. Sounds great.

I want to make some minor improvements (maybe a reclocker) but my concern now is the shutdown. How can I access the GPIO ports 04, 17 an 22 to shutdown the player via hardware push button?

A power management including the alimentation of the Volt that can be shutdown with the same push button will be great.

Jose

Hi ,

Glad to hear that you are happy with our hardware.

Regarding your questions…first the Volumio team is working extra hard and fixing some bugs that come all the way from up. Nothing to do with our drivers or Volumio.

Regarding GPIO + RPI…we dont have them exposed on top…so it will be difficult to do that. However if you use Sparky…we have a “sleep mode button” and we can make a script that will mute on gpio 22 (volt) and we can also mute the DAC…

Consumption in “sleep mode” + “mute” will be extremely low…not 0 but very low.

Hi

Thanks for the answer, I will try Sparky.

I try the 2.2 DAC setup for the subwoofer but was too annoying, too loud. However the 2.1setup sounds perfect. Maybe the subwoofer (Monitor Audio Radius 380) is not adequate for 2.2 or I may need to change something else?

Jose

or maybe just wait until tomorrow for the latest release…yeap tomorrow morning. :smiley:

New test with version 17th January 2017
After a new flash :
Power on : still a “plock” in loudspeakers. Not sur there amp is muted at startup.
First boot ok
After a while, hostspot appears with a edimax dongle.
Network configuration ok and restarted network connected to my router :smiley:
My music : nas detected, but can’t connect to it. I had to change the name detected by the IP
Scan seems to stop after several mp3 and dsd… Even rescan gives nothing better
To play a dsd file, DSD over PCM must be set to off

The version does not appears in system, just the date

Audio : I just test a mp3 and dsd file. Seems to be ok. Need of course more listenning with flac file.
To be continued… :wink:

We do have a mute /gpio on the volt…but I need to check how its implemented

Today, no joy :cry: Even after 3 reboot, device is still not reachable, and no hotpsot ( not desactivated). As I can’t plug a screen, I think I’m going to reflash…

Sorry to hear that, out test systems works fine.

Reflash and lets see.

Don’t worry !
But it’s weird. If the problem occurs with the new flash, I’ll add a screen. But I have to move the device to a other room…
it occured with tis steps :
router on
volumio /sparky on
hotspot on
connection to hotspot and configuration
connection with the IP
play music
router off (all the night)
router on
no volumio device on network
reboot device (4 times) - no connection and wifi dongle never blink (edimax)

Keep us posted. Still no issue on our test setup (that was working non stop). I have asked to remove power during the night and will update everyone

new flashed sd card :
It boots ok, hotspot is activated, wifi configuration, save. The wifi is restarted properly, I can connect to device with its IP. Setting my music. My nas is seen, but it fails to mount volume. I have to use IP instead of name.
Scan stops after few files…
Config DAC, seems ok, reboot ok but no device reachable ! After a while hotspot is activated. I saved and reboot 3 times, and each time wifi seems to be not configured… or rather settings are not saved. I use a edimax usb dongle. I can’t test more before tomorow night…

Something is wrong.

My best guess…change the SD card.

After a new SD card flash, I confirm the problem.
First boot the hotspot is created.
Connection to it and WiFi restart ok.
Connection with the IP.
DAC configuration and reboot.
No more device on network and no hotspot… As this the same problem than previously, after 3 flash and 2 SD card, I can think of a bug…

We will change the Sparky.

Thank you for your very quick answers.
The very strange thing is that it was (almost) working with volumio 2.0.39 (not sure for the version). I just erased my sd card … And can’t find this image on my hd. Before changing sparky, it could be interesting to retry with the previous version? Or do you want me to do other test ?
Let me know!
And bravo Allo for the support :wink: