Album cover art

Yes, I did read the posts, and I understand better how Volumio works, and why if can’t look up cover art in Album view, and why it doesn’t extract art from files. I’ve been exploring the files using Python/mutagen, and the flac files I am using don’t appear to have embedded artwork, anyway. However, I’m trying to find out why the wrong artwork is showing in the primary listing in Artists view for two albums. I may just have to live with the way Volumio works, though I’d prefer to solve the problem

Probably because you don’t have complete metadata on those: if we can’t find both album and artist metatag, we just use the artist metatag to look up for cover on internet. This might be your case.
However, we look forward to improve where we can. So after we sort out all residual bugs, we will enhance the albumart server capabilities

Hi Michelangelo,

I’m new to this forum but I have installed Volumio and I kinda like it, except for the art finding…
I also have my own album art for every single album and I wish I could use them everywhere.

Now, in your explanation on RuneAudio you mentioned the “Album Tag”. What is this? Is this some kind of number that makes an album unique? Something like the ASIN number on Amazon or the TT numbers for movies on IMDB?
Maybe we can all update our music library with this album tag. that way we can use our own album art, no?

Thx,
Johan