Adding Tidal Connect

Another big plus for wanting this.
I would jump ship to Tidal from Qobuz I think.

1 Like

+1 vote for this integration. Will be a massive improvement to usability. Pretty confident it will generate an increase in Volumio users also, as most audio forums are seeing growing interest in Tidal as well as inexpensive streaming options.

This feature would be a game changer. I’d love to see it added!

This would be SO great, please, make it happen!

+1 for a Tidal connect feature as well! :+1:

That would be awesome!

Ehehehe lot of enthusiasm for this!
Unfortunately we did not have any reply from TIDAL yet… But we will keep on trying until we get it done :wink:

6 Likes

+1 for Tidal Connect

1 Like

yea +1 to Tidal connect, any answer from them?

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing the good news of adding Tidal Connect to Volumio. Currently, I need to get help from DRmare Tidal Music Converter, and then I can play and use Tidal music on Volumio offline. The Tidal Connect could be better for enjoying music entertainment.

please fight tooth and nail for this.

1 Like

Come on guys! Tidal Connect is a must-have. Evеn small assemblies and players work with Connect.

3 Likes

Any update on this? Thanks!

1 Like

Any updates? Did Volumio receive a reply from Tidal after their request? This would change my listening habits permanently!

I guess that Tidal would want the best service for Volumio and its hardware partners (like ProJect and MiniDSP, for instance) as well. Fingers crossed!

+1 more user who would LOVE to see this on my Minidsp SHD. Does anyone know if there is something similar in the works for Qobuz? I think that Qobuz sounds just the tiniest bit better on my system than Tidal.

But if there is only Tidal Connect soon I would probably stick with Tidal for the ease of use.

This feature has been requested by multiple of my customers that use volumio.

1 Like

@volumio it’s been a month without an update (unless I’m missing something). Can you please tell us if Tidal Connect is in motion?

Good news, the first step is done.
We’ve had a call with TIDAL technical team (very pleasant meeting, BTW) and we’ve been approved to have TIDAL Connect SDK.
We’re now in the process of implementing it, but it won’t be quick. The implementation is quite complex and there is a certification process involved, so my best estimate would be Q2 2021

9 Likes

Will it be free for all users or only subscribers to a plan?

1 Like