27MHz low jitter CMOS clock

I’m looking for a 27MHz CMOS oscillator to replace the quartz on my DigiPi+. Shpuld be a low jitter type and SMD.

I discovered that the network bridge included in my PS Audio PWD DAC sonds better that my Raspberry/DigiPi/volumio combi. Possible sources are the clock in the DigiPi, the coaxial S/PDIF cable used or simple the limited performance of the WM8804 used on the DigiPi.

Does anyone can make suggestions for such an low jitter CMOS clock?

Micha

IMG_5730s.JPG

How about this one?

uk.rs-online.com/web/p/crystal-o … s/7032417/

Unfortunately it’s too small. It’s more a 5mm x 3.2mm type. See attached sketch of the footprint in the PCB.

Any further suggestions?
DigiPi_OSC-Footprint.png

How about this one: uk.rs-online.com/web/p/crystal-o … s/6721306/

FXO-HC536R-27, Crystal Oscillator, 27 MHz, ±25ppm HCMOS 15pF, 4-pin SMD, 5 x 3.2 x 1.4mm

The footprint doesn’t fit.

Good project! I tried this board with my Naim DAC and it sucks. The Naim DAC accepts the signal from the DigiPi+, shows that it’s in sync but after 15 seconds the DAC interrupts the playback for a second and switches to an asynchronous playback (buffering the signal and re-clocking it). I tried other S/PDIF sources. Most stay in sync and a few really bad ones (Projcet Audio) are asynchronous from the beginning.
I thought it must be the clock.

Try Crystek’s clocks. I’m not sure if there is a 27MHz one. But the CCHD-957 series is very good. Has low phase noise. This is suggested by other people. I haven’t gotten the chance to test it yet. Planned for this week :wink: (working myself with the 22.xx and the 24.xxMHz ones