X86 Hardware issues (Graphics, WiFi, Onboard Sound, external DACs, Disks, BIOS/UEFI Boot problems etc.)

Should not have any issues, hw components should all be recognized, but only with Volumio 3.

That’s great. I will install flash an image today. I appreciate the guidance.

1 Like

The beta loads nicely and is accessible from the URL. I can see, however, that I may have miscalculated here. From what I read of Volumio, it appeared to be able to function as a UPnP/DLNA server, which I need because I serve only over the network and have no USB or other devices attached to my NUC. I will attach a USB DAC for testing and may reconfigure my system if I like what I hear, but, for now, my NUC and my main system are on different floors of my house and connect via Ethernet.

Glad you got it running.
DLNA/UPnP should be enabled as default.
What makes you believe it does not?
Please refer to the Help section as Volumio features are beyond the scope of this thread.

1 Like

I see it on my network as a renderer, but not a server. I want to play from Volumio to my renderer, not over USB to a DAC.

I will review the Help section. Thank you.

Yes, Volumio does act as a renderer, rather than server. There is a plugin called miniDLNA listed in the Volumio Plugins Collection, which installs a simple DLNA server, but this begs the question as to why you are wanting to use Volumio for such a purpose (not what it is designed to do)?

I don’t want to take this thread off-topic, but, because you asked, I don’t want to use a NUC with Volumio as the renderer because I already have two expensive Sonore renderers located near both my main system’s and my desktop’s DACs. With that configuration, I keep the NUC as my server on an equipment rack in my basement that houses my modem, my router, two NAS drives, and linear power supplies.

ORIGINAL POST: To make Volumio work without its being a server, I would need to replace the Sonore renderers with two new pieces of hardware. That doesn’t make sense to me, given both that I already have other playback software that has no difficulty serving as a server using DLNA or another protocol and two good Sonore renderers that can play all of the protocols including DLNA.

As this is my intended use case, I agree that I would not be using Volumio as the publisher intends.

EDIT: Someone referred me to gvolt’s miniDLNA plug-in, which I have working now. I am looking forward to giving Volumio an extended trial.

That’s ok, one or two offside posts won’t pollute the thread.
My goal is not to start general Volumio discussions in a otherwise technical, x86 platform-specific thread.

1 Like

Hello EveryOne,

I’m Trying to install Volumio 3 on a LAptop PC , and using a usb Key wich i Flash before from the image
from the volumio site, and everytime I’m trying to boot from it it give me that error:

" Selected Boot Image Did not authenticate "

can somebody can explain to me what i am doing wrong I try with rufus and the same error came up

Thank you

Disable secure boot in the bios and try again

1 Like

Thank For your time, i’ll will try that a soon as a get back to my place this afternoon
thank you very much

1 Like

Thank you

that did work, but is there a way of having the pc be on volumio os permantly or you have to have the usb key in all the time.

I think there is an option to install it to the local HD

Go to the system menu and select “installtodisk”.
Be carefull though, it does copy to what you select as a drive, make sure it is the right one :grinning:
Out of curiosity, on what PC hardware are you running this?

1 Like

On HP Spectre X360 SSD256Gigs

1 Like

easy to install to internal disk, no issues known with this one.

Yes That did work too, thank you very much i really appreciate it
one last thing if i may, ithink i doesn’t see my wifi network cause everytime i try to connect to an account
i do have this error

A Network Error Such as timeout interrupted connection or unreachable host has occur

and if i go setting network i see Hotspot with an adress, but i can’t see my network name has usual

1 Like

Did you configure the Wifi?

when i did start it ask the langage , name of the server, i think on the 4 elements it was the network
but none were there to be selected

mmm no experience with your hardware. seems the wifi adapter is not recognized. But as Ge mention it should work.