X400 subtronics + volumio Spotify connect

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pi3 plus an x400 dac from subtronic.
I installed volumio Spotify connect to stream to the dac. I actually do not have any sound going out of the dac even if in the web ui interface I can see the music played from Spotify.
Tested with an mp3 on a USB key and the sound is working perfectly…
Do you have some tips to share to make it work?

Regards
Benoît

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi, this DAC is known not to work on 16 bit audio. To put it short, you made (IMHO) the wrong purchase for your use case. Sorry

I always suggest to get stuff from our shop since it’s the only way to get 100% tested and known working devices, while contributing to the project.

Hi,
I own a such dac… A simple workaround to resample and having it working is to use a plugin such a volsimpleequal. Tested and approved ! :wink:
(you don’t need to use a setting in equalizer, just let “flat” preset.
Just before enabling the plugin, make sure you have a working, well configured volumio ( STA400 dac or Iqaudio setting) and mixer "digital.
to download :
github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … eequal.zip
to read… :
github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … impleequal

Hi

Thanks for your reply (sorry for the delay) . I follow your advice, did a factory reset, set up with a dac iqaudio dac plus.
Installed the equalizer.
And still have the same issue: no output sound on the dac.

I do have some issues with the Spotify plug in.

I installed osmc (clearly not as good-pretty-user friendly as volumio but not the same usage) but it works.

Reading the troubleshooting page, it seems that Spotify creates problems as I do have.

Could you send a picture of your volumio configuration page? Maybe I did a mistake setting up mine.

Thanks again for your help

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk