Wireless Adapter Compatibility List

Would you so kind as to advise E-Ink Tablet for control Volumio installed on Sparky SBC? Thank you in advance!

@barrymore,
i appreciate you are trying to find an answer to your E-Ink question, but would you please please open your own thread and not post in threads that have no relation to your question.
Thank you.

Scusate se scrivo in italiano ma il mio inglese è pessimo. Ho acquistato il dongle wifi ufficiale di raspberry. quello che ha il chipset Broadcom BCM43143 ma non riesco a farlo funzionare con Volumio ultima versione aggiornata. Dal software riesco a vederla rete ma non si collega. Qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi? Grazie in anticipo.

Hi!
I use USB wifi TP-LINK TL-WN823N on Volumio 2.348 on Saparky but it not run. On Volumio 2.389-Raspberry Pi Everything is OK.
Help me use USB wifi with Sparky. Thank so much.

Adapter Name: Intel Wireless 3165
Chipset: Intel 3165
Driver/Firmware: iwlwifi
Working with Volumio: Not out of the box
Tested Versions and Platforms:
Comments: Just need firmware upate: download the firmwares from https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/
For the Intel 3165 in the NUC 5PPYH, it’s the iwlwifi-7265.ucode-29
You can find the firmware name using dmesg after trying to enable wifi from the volumio interface
Buying Link:

Adapter Name: Intel Wireless-AC 9462 (in Intel NUC7PJYH)
Chipset:
Driver/Firmware: wireless.wiki.kernel.org/_media … 8819.0.tgz
Working with Volumio: NO
Tested Versions and Platforms: 2.513 (kernel 3.18.25) on x86
Comments: Needs kernel 4.14 in order to work

Adapter Name: AzureWave AW-NE770 (Mini PCIe)
Chipset: Atheros AR5008E-3NX
Driver/Firmware: ath9k (built in)
Working with Volumio: Yes
Tested Versions and Platforms: 2.522 x86
Comments: Works just great, plug it in and off you go. supports 802.11abgn, 2.4 & 5GHz.
Buying Link: Just search for the card on your favourite selling site :slight_smile:

Adapter Name: Edimax EW-7711UMn
Chipset: RA-3070
Driver/Firmware: No extra driver/firmware needed
Working with Volumio: YES
Tested Versions and Platforms: Volumio v2.526 on Raspberry PI model B
Comments: Works right out of the box
Buying Link: amazon.co.uk/Edimax-EW-7711 … B002GBVEHO (Note: This is an old legacy device which is now out-of-stock)

Anyone tried tp-link Archer T3U (USB AC1300 MU-MIMO) USB dongle with Volumio?
tp-link.com/au/home-network … archer-t3u

Also TP-Link Archer T4U looks interesting…

Both are cheapy. But…do they work OOTB ?

EDUP EP-MS150N
Works fine with pc volumio

Dear Mod.
I am e new member ,I have a question when I have one of the Wireless Adapter in the list . what can I do with Volumio software that it can not find my wireless adapter? ( I am running volumio on the USB though my laptop. it cant find my adapter)
I am wonder driver of Wireless adapter need to install in window or what… ?
Thanks & best regards,

hello. i need your help. i have the wingle huawei e8327 with data sim card. volumio recognizes it but connects to it only via wi fi. ignorant I ask: but it is not possible to connect it directly to the mobile network via USB?

I have tried the T3U, doesn’t work. Doesn’t even work on macOS, so it’s useless. I don’t think the linux support for T4U will be any better.

Please note this is not a general Volumio topic, wireless support is mostly platform and kernel version specific.
A device working with PI does not necessarily work with x86 or tinkerboard.

TP-Link T3U (rtl8812bu) will work on x86 for images built after 15.01.22 (release version > 3.179)

1 Like

Hi, can anybody help me? I got a cheap china passive cooled Nuc like x64 Hardware with a installed m.2 wifi card that can connect to a hotspot but can’t open a hotspot.
Can anybody recommend a chipset, that can do both? Or can recommend a card that can do that?
Sorry for my terrible english :wink:

thx

Hi!
Which wifi card do you recommend for Usbridge Sig.? So that it works without drivers? I have TP-LINK TL-WN722N and it drops the connection on the new Volumio. At 2.917 it’s ok.

Hi
New kernel broke a lot of Wifi dongles. Was documented in a thread, but for remplacement, have a look at https://community.volumio.com/t/wireless-driver-compatibility-list-renewed-for-volumio-3-kernel-5-10/54754/5
Regards

Thanks!

Adapter Name: TP-Link AC1300 Mini Wifi MU-MIMO USB 3.0-adapter
Chipset: Realtek rtl8812bu
Driver/Firmware: …/…/…/…/…/…/bus/usb/drivers/rtl88x2bu
Working with Volumio: Working with V3.378
Tested Versions and Platforms: X86
Comments: needed to perform a factory reset, most likely caused by me, messing around with the system/settings, as this is a development unit.
Buying Link: https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B07M69276N