Which DAC (if any) would suit me?

Your best option is indeed to give it a try.

You did not mention how your BD player is connected to your amp (I assume HDMI) because that determines where the D/A conversion is done. Also what speakers do you use?

If your amp also has an Coaxial spdif input, look at the Hifiberry digi+ (pro if you want to go the extra mile) or the upcoming Digiless from Allo. This way you feed the amp a digital signal (as you do with the HDMI) and again do the D/A conversion in the amp.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

PatrickB thanks, I have buy rap3 ,kali e piano 2.1 and when it arrive a try and then decide if buy volt+ e hifi berry digi+ . Stay tuned

I think you’ve made a sensible choice! Let us know your listening impressions :wink:

Indeed good choice. I guess this gives you probably the best analog signal you get get from the Pi for a decent price.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

can confirm, a good choice :wink: the best sounding one I have made so far.

So I’ve just taken the plunge and ordered a piano hi-fi dac+ from the volumio shop. I suppose I’ll need a bigger case soon… :laughing:

My Piano arrived! Currently putting it though it’s paces, and so far I’m impressed! :smiley:

Are all 12s DAC boards with analogue RCA sockets laid out the same? I’d like to get a nice cheap, plain, functional case to put it in.