Ladies and gentlemen,
After more than 2 years of work by the Volumio Team and the community, we are really pleased to announce Volumio3: the best Volumio experience you’ve ever had.
It introduces several benefits:
- A major code rewrite which makes it faster, more stable, future proof
- A new sound engine, which makes it incredibly flexible even for the most demanding audiophile
- A new User Interface, called Manifest UI. It’s called that because it embodies our mission: unveil the pure beauty of music.
- Multiroom-Synchronized Playback, to enjoy Volumio in the whole house
- An improved plugin system, to make plugins safer and better
- A simplified pricing plan: Free and Premium, making the top tier more accessible
Volumio3 will be available as a free download from December 7th.
From this point on, Volumio2 will be unmaintained and it will no longer be possible to subscribe to old Virtuoso and Superstar plans.
We created a new, simpler plan to enjoy all premium features: Premium.
You can read more about Premium here.
What changes from Volumio2 to Volumio3
To give everyone a clear idea on the overall change that Volumio3 brings, here is a comprehensive list of changes:
- A major rewrite of the build system, allowing us to build in a faster and more reliable way
- A new sound architecture, named AAMPP, that allows unprecedented flexibility for audio processing and plugins
- The first feature based on AAMPP, multiroom synchronized playback (Premium)
- Based on Buster, more stable and future proof
- A new plugin store, and more strict control of plugins, to make plugins more reliable and easier to develop (free Volumo account required)
- 64 bit builds for PC
- Manifest UI, a new, shiny and minimal User Interface (Premium)
- A new improved app (iOS and Android) to simplify usage and first start (free)
- An improved developers documentation
- Single Premium plan