What kind of subscription do i need?

Hi all,
Just installed volumio.
Wanted to ask about the subscription, i use hifiberry digi + pro hat on.
What kind of subscription do i need?
I see that in the highest level theres a “Digital and Analog Inputs Playback”.whats that means?

Do i need to pay over 70$ per year to use the hifi digi + pro?

Regards,
Elad

1 Like

Hi Elad and welcome, you don’t need to subscribe at all unless it provides something that you want (eg. Qubuz, Tidal).

@chsims1
Thanks!
When i saw "Digital and Analog Inputs Playback” only in the “superstar” subscription i was thinking that this is the only way to play from the digi pro + hat.

Regards,
Elad

Hi,
Why the qobuz or tidal integration is payed? Because of sw developers that build this integration and of course they needs to be payed? I guess this part is not open source…
I am asking just for curiosity.
Anyway it is a small free for what this volumio offers
Thanks

Thank you for asking this, i had the exact question, what does the “Digital and Analog Inputs Playback” mean. I stream from my local NAS, a combination of DSF & FLAC. This seems like a “Digital input playback” to me.

sean

"Digital and Analog Inputs Playback” is referring to the option of getting external audio into (and then out from) Volumio. So, you could connect a turntable to a analog red/white RCA input ADC (if available), or a digital input (SPDIF/TOSLINK), again if your Volumio system has the input capability.

Edit to clarify: if you have an external device with ADC capabilities (USB turntable, USB audio card with analog in), or a RPi i2s shield with audio in, then you can select and play such inputs in Volumio.

1 Like