What Amp are you using?

43 years old Marantz 4300 :ugeek:

2 Likes

Did you have to replace any electrolytic capacitor inside? because they have a limited service life.

Iā€™ve replaced every one of the 179 electrolytic capacitors in this receiver :smiley:
See here: https://ichwillinsindernet.de/elkos-tauschen-beim-marantz-4300-quadro-receivers/

Nice one mate, that must be a heck of a job. I am glad I ask, you even have an article on it. :smiley:

Hi,

Iā€™m using this old boy: vintageaudio.it/Cyrus/One.html
Itā€™s the very first product from Cyrus. Itā€™s coupled with speakers Cyrus 781 manufactured by Mission.
Here you can see them (until they are still on that site): img.canuckaudiomart.com/uploads/ ā€¦ eakers.jpg

At the end of 2016 the amp had to go for service and I got 2 retro capacitors replaced and some contact cleaning. After that it seems to work really well.

At the moment, the only input source is my Allo Boss Player. :smiley:

Regards,
Alberto

Iā€™m using the same amp, it was my first ā€œserious buyā€ with my second summer salary

Now running an allo boss in the cd plugs :stuck_out_tongue:

I using a Tinkerboard S. The DAC is a RME ADI2 FS.

Since today i use a Hypex NCore 400 Mono AMP for the Speakers.

The case is not finaly. Today was the first test.

The Speakers are Focal Electra 1038BE and a SW1000BE.
IMG_20180714_185435.jpg
IMG_20180716_225252.jpg
IMG_20180716_225431.jpg

1 Like

Can you tell me which European online store I can buy capacitors?
Iā€™m traveling next month and I want to take the time to buy the components I need to renew my Kenwood amplifier.
regard

I bought the capacitors from Conrad: https://www.conrad.de. I went to the store, but they also have an online shop.
I can also recommend Reichelt: https://reichelt.de
Thatā€™s both in Germany. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m not familiar with other countries.

Thanks!

Good luck with the Kenwood.

Class D TPA3251 from 3e Audio
3e-audio.com/amplifier/tpa3251-2ch-140w/

In the kitchen I use Pi3/Allo bossā€¦Lepai 2020A+ā€¦Pair of Tannoy Mercury 2.5 and thinking about adding a M+K K9 that Iā€™ve got kicking about just to beef up the bottom end a little (not that it needs it).

Think I called the Lepai ā€˜Crappyā€™ in a earlier post, Couldnā€™t have been more wrong Itā€™s amazing for the money and perfect size for a kitchen, Plenty of hacks available for this little amp but I guess you can kiss the ā€˜bang for buckā€™ factor goodbye then, Later models and copies donā€™t seem to have very kind reviews though.

I was earlier using the tpa3251 board from 3eaudio.

Ever since I got the TI Evaluation module of TPA3255, Iā€™ve been using that. Itā€™s the best Class D Amp Iā€™ve heard so far.

Bedroom: RPi 3 B+ / HifiBerry DAC+ Pro and Chromecast Audio to Creek 5350se integrated amp ($1500USD in 2002!). Mirage M290i speakers (Canada).

Sadly Creek used a crappy (cheap) input selector switch from ALPS, which started failing after ~5 years. Since then have lived with the occasional channel drop-outs and static-y noise. If I were doing it again Iā€™d avoid Creek (and I did: bought a Micromega M-100 all-in-one amp for main hifi system).

I am currently using a Vincent SV-129, with a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 for digital input, streaming from a Hifiberry Digi+ Pro. Using Q Acoustics 3050ā€™s. Very satisfied.

Hello
I have been using Hypex nCore400 Monos for some time and am extremely satisfied. The expensive BAT Pre- and Power-Amp did not show the quality, so I switched to nCore. Hypex nCore are for me absolute master amps!

regards
rost21A

Marantz PM6010 OSE and B&W 602 S2 speakers for the main system.

Various bits including Extron XPA1002 class D amp, LM386, ebay chinese class D modules etc. for experiments.

Hi
I using two Altec 9477B, one for each loudspeaker with a Rotel RA-870BX AMP whitout brigde to convert in PREAMP.
In a futur I will be I change the Rotel for a realy PREAMP

Jolida j1000s

100 wat of 8 tubes el34, and tweaked by me. Capacitors resistances nos tubes on drivers

Inviato dal mio MI MAX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

2 Likes