Web radio channels not loading & no error messages

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.882
Hardware: Pi4
DAC: HiFiBerry DAC2

Hi all, please be gentle, this is my first post here as a relative noob to Volumio!

Many of the web radio channels I want to listen to don’t play. I receive no error, they just don’t work. They used to work (mostly, sometimes I’d get a red error on the Volumio page but not often)

Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock are two that work.

Classic Rock Miami, Miami Rock Classics HD, Steelcage Rock Radio are just three that don’t.

How do I go about diagnosing what is causing this please, and does anyone have any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks.

Richard

Welcome to Volumio RGN :slight_smile:

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome and your assistance, @ashthespy - I will do that this weekend. I’ll do a fresh reboot then pull the logs - shall I share them here?

Isn’t that just typical? I try one last time before the reboot and it works immediately! I have made no changes whatsoever since yesterday!

I’ll keep trying and will update here if it fails again - or is there benefit in rebooting and sending the logs anyway?

No point in sending logs unless the problem has occurred (and is thus in the logs).

That sounds like the problems are external to Volumio.

Thanks, @chsims1 - yeah, it is just typical! I’ve been struggling with this for weeks!

It does sound external, doesn’t it? No idea what, though! At least I now know how to get the logs - but hopefully will never need to do that!

Really appreciate the help, though!