I tried for days to install a Waveshare 3.5inch RPI LCD (B) rev2.0 on a RPI3B+, now with success.
Don´t find any guide here nor the web to install and set this hardware. So, as an absolutely Linux noob,
I wrote a script, don´t know if all commands in it are needed, but it works for me, hope it helps anyone.
Please report if I have to change anything.
Complete Volumio + RPI3B+ + Waveshare 3.5inch RPI LCD (B) Rev2.0 installation guide:
- Download (sorry no links because of forum newbie restriction max 2 links )
- Volumio image
- W32 Disk Imager
- PuTTY SSH
- Prepare SD-Card:
- Write Volumio image using W32 Disk Imager,
- Copy ws-35b-v2.sh on base directory of SD-Card.
- Put prepared SD into RPI and power it up, headless: wait stop blinking green LED.
- Access WEB UI:
a) If LAN connection: type
volumio.localin web browser. >> Go to step 4.
b) If WIFI connection only: take your smartphone, go to WIFI settings, disconnect from actual Network.
Connect to "Volumio"s own Hotspot, you are automatically forwarded to Volumios Web Interface.
If not, type Volumio initial IP
192.168.211.1in smartphone web browser, perform Network/WIFI settings.
RPI reboots automatically, smartphone loose volumio Network connection, reconnect phone to your home network.
Go to modem router, find out and pick up volumios new IP address.
Type IP address in Smartphone or PC web browser, in example 192.168.178.32
- Prepare LCD Touch
- with smartphone or PC web browser, go to Volumios WEB UI
- Go to Settings > Plugins Manager > Miscellanea, install “Touch Display Plugin” it takes about 5 minutes
- Activate plugin, the display is not working for now.
- Run ws-35b-v2.sh script
/devat th end of volumios address, for LAN:
volumio.local/dev, WIFI: in this example
- For SSH rights click on SSH “ENABLE” button, nothing happens but you have already SSH
- Run PuTTY, login as: volumio, password: volumio. Type (or copy and right click in PuTTY window) following command:
sudo sh /boot/ws-35b-v2.sh,
- password: volumio
If succes, RPI is rebooting itself, after reboot the display is now working, enjoy.