The problem was also the character “_” if this character is present in the song name the files is not recognized
I finally succeeded making Mdac working with Udoo, on volumio 1.0
See below link for details: udoo-alsa-error-when-output-usb-dac-broken-pipe-t882-10.html#p4372
However need some help from Michelangelo to recompile kernel on latest volumio 1.3
After upgrading to Beta1.3 I found:
UpNp: recognize the disk (a NAS) but does not play any songs even if they are added to playlist.
NAS still has problem even if now errror messages differs form version beta 1
After installing the WiFi port (working well) and after the reboot the DAC ceased to produce any sounds, after reflashing I noticed that UDOO works fine only on ethernet, if I try to add the WiFi connection DAC no longer works. It seems that ALSA turns the DAC volume to 0 as evidenced in other post.
Now I am back to version Beta1.
Next step in Beta1.3 is complete the WiFi set up and reboot before switching the Output to DAC (default is VT1613Audio). Maybe this overcome the problem.
Downloaded the 1.3 image. It works. FLAC files is playing now.
For NAS, instead of setting up in th UI, I install the cifs and edit the fstab file manually.
And My UDOO can now plays the files in the shared folder under my WIndow 7 PC.
I have just started testing the April 26th upgrade.
Apparently the bridge module is still missing, and I need it, so before rebuilding kernel I recovered from the gzip the .kernel config and compared with the 1beta kernel config to understand what’s changed.
Apparently I have found no difference between the two .config. Is this right, or I have done something wrong / mixed things up?
If it’s right, what has changed between the two? I would like to know, because I need to apply to 1.3 the same changes I have done to beta1.
There is another issue (for me a very bad one), if you try to apt-get install build-essentials & c to rebuild the kernel, it gives this result
apt-get install fakeroot build-essential devscripts
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
build-essential : Depends: gcc (>= 4:4.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: g++ (>= 4:4.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I am trying to solve the ussue by googling, but up to now no result… I cannot even apt-get gcc and g++!!!
Thank you in advance
just change the repos from wheezy to jessie. And it will work.
waiting for 1.5 now… )
Almost ready… Still fighting with a bug… But hope to release it really soon…