VOTE for Volumio next feature!

+1 for skin option from 2acd and search option per source.

6 Likes

Alexa for German users would be niceā€¦ :neutral_face:

1 Like

that is already asked many times a good alexa ā€¦

1 Like

Indeed. When I open Qobuz i am not intrested in results from Tidal and Spotify. what is worse, i need to scroll through 40 pages, before I reach Qobuz

5 Likes

DSP, Soundcloud(for the love of god this was the one service that worked with everything before anything else now i canā€™t even Chromecast it anymore cries)

And less buggy interface, common.tab Iā€™m looking at you and your friend clicking at a song and starting the one below or 2 rows below after 20 seconds.

If you add an good algorithm on top of that like soundclouds or back in the day before YouTube was broken Iā€™ll name my first born Volumio or volumia

Multiroom is in the works as we speak :grin:

9 Likes

Oh! and thanks to all who are voting and giving it all these great suggestions!
We are carefully having a look at each comment and vote :muscle:

1 Like

Improve UX/UI and stability of the Web interface.

4 Likes

Larger artwork so we donā€™t have to keep hacking our own solutions :wink:

12 Likes

Wouldnā€™t you rather have artwork as background if your making it this big? I personally donā€™t care about the artworkā€¦ Mostly just playing webradio.

Iā€™ve voted for synchronized multiroom playback. Iā€™ve tried squeeze but that is a bit of a hassle and partly in an other interfaceā€¦ This feature has been requested and in the works since volumio 1.5. I hope this will work easier for everyone, could be a boost for volumio as a whole.

CamillaDSP like Moode Player would make it possible for advanced users to add many features, like headphone eq, headphone crossfeed, headphone virtualization, loudness etc.

1 Like

@MobeyDuck monica is testing it hopfully it comes in the new releasesā€¦

1 Like

@monicaferreira maybe a idea but could we add labels to the buttons in the UI & plugin to help people that are blind navigate better true it al?

1 Like

I only use volumio with my chrome browser. This is because the andriod app is way too slow compared with the browser implementation. Iā€™m looking forward to use the app in future when the app get refactored to be at least as performant as the browser version. Iā€™d like to see improvements and bug fixes rather than new features. Nevertheless thank you very much for developing volumio, good work!

3 Likes

Another vote for a skin option

3 Likes

itā€™s a pity I had to chose only two :rofl:

5 Likes

Another vote for better UI and stability first.

7 Likes

A decent support to large music libraries would be appreciated. Maybe also a decent database implementation? Maybe these two are linked? It takes more than 2mn of CPU time on my RPI4 to ā€œloadā€ the full library at each bootā€¦ And much more on RPI3ā€¦ A bit long isnā€™t it?

In my opinion, the best solution is to separate the music library from the player, especially if you have a large library. Set up a dedicated UPNP server running on another Rpi using AssetUpnp or Minimserver. They both have a decent db for sorting, indexing, and serving up your music. They are dedicated for this purpose.

This way you take any extra work off the Volumio player for possible better SQ (lower noise, less cpu work on the player).

I want volumio has support ā€œKKBOX ā€œhifi muisc service