VOTE for Volumio next feature!

+1 for this one. I would sleep my night better if it would be possible to change the password as the current arrangement is a bit on the dangerous side of safe.

2 Likes

Agreed! The web UI often is not responsive at all, which can be very annoying. If this is due to technical limitations which are coming with a web front-end, you’re better off focusing on an alternative solution, such as direct control via Bluetooth. Other streaming solutions come with a remote control out of the box. This is essential homework which I would like to see done before other, fancier things are implemented.

1 Like

I totally agree with @chsims1
A good polish to Volumio is definitly required and will make it shine even more.

P.S. Thank you for TIDAL CONNECT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree, security and stability first, new features second (of course always welcome).

Many thanks to the volumio Team. Great job! :slight_smile:

Tidal connect is very nice.

would like to have an integration for deezer

I would love to have an easy and importable playlist support. Even the current playlist, besides not editable in an easy way, sometimes just doesn’t work.

1 Like

Like a lot of other people who responded I think the list falls into the nice to have category. I’d like to see a UI that doesn’t look like a screen scraped mainframe application. I understand that a lot of people like a picture background. I’d like to see at least one solid color based scheme that’s legible. None of them offer enough contrast between text and background. The shutoff/reboot control should be on the main screen. The play and volume controls should be visible in both portrait and landscape modes. It should be easy to access the settings from the main screen without having a sidebar.

One feature I’d like to see is the ability to use internet radio as an alarm. I’m presently using MPD with a cron job. The inability to put a radio station on a playlist, which is trivial with MPC, makes the alarm function in Volumio not very useful for me.

Another feature I’d like to see, now only supported in a third party plugin, is auto resume. I often want to go all the way through a playlist over several sessions.

I would be very interested in Primephonic integration. I have been in touch with them regarding this request, and will continue to encourage this direction. Thank you.

A suggestion: “newly added” as an option alongside playlists and favourites. Newly added could contain anything added to the database since the previous sync. That way you could quickly find your new music :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d love integration with Google Home (+ Alexa) like Sonos has - “hey google, play x in the kitchen” and it plays on Volumio.

2 Likes

Great job!

I voted for the DSP stuff, I’m really looking forward to that, but for me it would be good to integrate that with something simple like softvol, so guests at my house are able to turn the volume up and down without being presented with a bunch of parametric equalizer settings. I’m hoping that I will also be able to stop having to ssh into alsamixer to make LR balance adjustments.

Another thing I wanted to say is that I hope it will be possible to have some version of a UI where the font sizes for content listings can be changed to suit the viewing device. Of course it is possible to zoom in a browser, but better to start with a readable size.

Very excited for v3, thanks so much to those doing the work.
Oh and I also would vote for a 64 bit pi 4 implementation.
:slight_smile:

‘Jukebox’ mode, so that when you click on the song it adds to the end of the queue and doesn’t play instantly - and those 3 little dots in the corner are permanently disabled. That would make volumio perfect!

I agree with that XM

A possibility to play video just like music from USB or NAS would be great.
Yes, I have KODI as Volumio plugin, but KODI is simply too much overhead for a music loving person who sometimes likes the support of interesting images such as a band playing live or a good musicvideo.

It seems to be missing the most important or at least the one that many are hoping for in your list of choices and that is a stable software and improved UI. If you do not put much needed attention in your product you will see that many of the DIY will start looking elsewhere. The product is great but it is not in a finished or “packaged” state. So for now my vote goes to improved and mainly stable software. One that does what it says it does and not just an interpretation of combined with a kink free- bug free UI.
Thanks
Robert
BTW. again, great stuff that Tidal Connect!

1 Like

If I had a wish Neil Young Archives would be nice ….

BUT:

All I basically want is to listen to MY music stored lossless on a NAS. This is why I got into Volumio and I would not mind if it stays that way … I do not need any fancy pictures or background info culled somewhere out of the web, The only reason I am still with Volumio is the pretty bad internet we have plus some music I cannot find on a „regular“ streaming service. Otherwise I would go for Qobuz, my Volumio subscription would pay roughly one third of the Qobuz fee and for „my“ music I could use the good old CDs ….

So for me there is a business decision to be made by the Volumio team: Compete with the „big fishes“ in the pond or stay in a „niche“ on the sidelines and provide special services.

As it looks now for me this means goodbye to Volumio and hello to Qobuz as soon as we enough bandwidth ,

Just my thoughts ,

Stephan,

Thank you.

As I only stream music Tidal Connect was all I really wanted so I’m very happy.
That said, I would vote for Mixcloud over Soundcloud but I believe there’s a technical limitation that prevents this.

Otherwise I defer to the power users.

Will there be any response from Volumio, to put their resources on improving stability instead of adding more functionality?
like: Connection drops, unresponsive interface,
Yesterday Audirvana released their new version and seriously consider it and using my rPi’s as endpoints for it. Even using Volumio as an endpoint is troublesome.