Volumio3 broke realtek wifi with last update

any status update? I miss my music :frowning:

what about just using the same repos for wifi that libreelec is using? they all work fine with latest kernels,
take a look here LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers at master Ā· LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv Ā· GitHub

rtl8112au - GitHub - aircrack-ng/rtl8812au: RTL8812AU/21AU and RTL8814AU driver with monitor mode and frame injection
rtl8192eu - GitHub - Mange/rtl8192eu-linux-driver: Drivers for the rtl8192eu chipset for wireless adapters (D-Link DWA-131 rev E1 included!)
rtl8192du - GitHub - lwfinger/rtl8192du: Source code for RTL8192DU device
rtl8192cu - GitHub - pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixes: Realtek 8192 chipset driver, ported to kernel 3.11.

Is that TP-LINK v3 working for you with 3.233 ?

Yes. Works

Does it say v3 or v3.8

Sticker on box says v3.0

1 Like

is there a way to rollback to last stable version without reinstalling?
i need 3.175

thanks

so thats not possible? is there any timeline for realtek going back or are you force to buy a new adapter?

Weird I bought a TP-LINK TL-WN725N V3 and it worked until there was no activity and then stopped working, like it went to sleep.

I did find one that works with the latest update. Hopefully it stays working with further updates.

I found its the same for me in the meantime, as I wrote here:

Works for some hours and then stops workingā€¦usually I only use the PI2 for a short period of time and always turn it off (as it is in a room I donĀ“t listen to music a lot), so didnĀ“t notice it beforeā€¦

There does not seem to be a way that we can support the Wi-Fi drivers that got missing in the new kernel. Unfortunately you will have to get a new dongle.

What driver did you use in the past? I can you link it? Does it install as a Deb?

edit: using version 3.245
doing first: volumio kernelsource
download GitHub - aircrack-ng/rtl8812au: RTL8812AU/21AU and RTL8814AU driver with monitor mode and frame injection

make && make install
modprobe 88XXau

and voila, it worked.
I have no knowledge about your build system but this repo and the others used by libreelec is very much working with newer kernels.