It’s now the time that Volumio2 will have its licence, why didn’t I put it yet?
I was considering into changing it… And I think that everybody (especially contributors) should tell their opinion on this.
See this conversation:https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/pull/67
Some things worth considering:
- This will affect the github.com/volumio/Volumio2/blo … ckage.json
- The licence should encourage fully FOSS behaviour
- Optionally (but not in any way mandatory, if not we won’t talk about FOSS) a credit note should be mentioned if someone uses the code (I think educated people always give proper credits, but found many many bad behaviours in that sense, that’s why I would like to “encourage” it).
- Since Volumio will be distributed with a mix of open, proprietary and mixed-licence code, ideally we should allow that
- Sticking with GPL as previous version is not a problem at all, only if there is room for improvements, let’s talk about it !