Volumio2 : issues, TODO and feedbacks

@Gontour,

If you want some answer you may give some more infos than “don’t see any music”…
eg. what’s your storage config (usb, sdcard, nas…)…

USB directly connected to Pi2

Ran latest update

Done Factory reset (to allow for my tampering)

Changed playback setting to ‘Device’

Hit Re-Scan and got first Album in my collection to appear and play.

I was amazed at sound quality that came from guitar on 'Spirit in the Sky

Norman Greenbaum’

After being pleasantly surprised by Norman I flicked through my ‘101 70’s Hits’ and went to bed late.

Before doing so I had thought a possible reason Volumio was not ‘seeing’ my music listed was it was spooling through and getting info. So I done a reboot and left alone.

This morning all my music was listed!!!

Cant wait to make playlists and listen some more!

Thank you team!

p.s. can I save playlists externally ? (just in case I dabble a step too far again)

Hi.
I’m new to Volumio, but not to linux.
I just tested the latest Volumio 2 beta (from 3rd of march 2016) last night.
Test platform : RPi 2 + 8Gb Sandisk + WiPi wifi usb dongle + Cirrus Logic DAC from Element14 ; All brand new. SONY Xperia C5 as web client.
N.B. : I didn’t test the Cirrus Logic DAC yet, the sound output wason my TV via HDMI.
Test results :

• Web interface on version 2 was much slower than with version 1.55.
  • I tested with the WiPi and the wired ethernet connection, both work if used alone, but the kernel (and Volumio) immediately crashes if the WiPi and the ethernet cable are connected at the same time.

By the way, is there any chance that Volumio 2 supports the Cirrus Logic DAC out of the box ?

Thanks.

From introducing-volumio-t3169-370.html - 03 Mar 2016, 20:26

Hello. I’ve been using Beta 4 and I’m seeing something interesting. First of all, I am trying to use an Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC and then also a TPLINK TL-WN722N wifi adapter. Seems that if I have everything plugged in volumio starts up and then shuts itself right down. Seems to boot ok with just the DAC so I don’t think it’s happy about the wifi module.

After update from 0.839 to 0.843 I receive this warning when ssh’ing to my PI.

WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!
[…]
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the ECDSA key sent by the remote host is
SHA256:De1Z94XOqGYVhqdgIX3Z6jiDLHsoUnSSeoPdKJoVIMs.
[…]

Why is the ssh key changing during an update?

EDIT: I see I posted this in the wrong forum section. Could a moderator move this post to the correct section?

Build: Volumio 2 v0.854 (released March 14th)
Network: Connected via ethernet, using a Static IP
Attached devices:
- DAC: None
- Receiver: Marantz SR-47
- Speakers: KEF Concord
Issues encountered:

1. I can’t access the tab Playback Options, when I click on it this happens:

2. To add to that, once I click on Playback Options, every page returns the same small square until I refresh the page.

3. Being unable to access my library, I tried to play some webradio, but that failed as well. Not sure what went wrong:

I don’t know why this is happening, but my guess it has something to do with the latest March 14 build. The reason I suspect this is because I tried Volumio 2 earlier, worked perfectly, but I couldn’t go without Spotify, so I returned to 1.55. Anyone care to explain what’s wrong?

For now I’m going to reflash the Beta 4 build and see if the issues persist.

EDIT 2: On the original Beta 4 build now, no problems encountered so far. Using Spotify Connect without problems!

Hi

I’ve been giving the RC2 Volumio candiate a test run. Firstly, like a lot of the new improvements and tweaks to the design.

The main issue with RC2 is that there has been an issue regarding the Raspberry Pi 3 and with a DAC whose I2S clock was set to be master.

github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1321

This caused various errors in playback. The issue was later fixed

github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/1340

However the Volumio image needs to have a kernel with this bug fix in place otherwise playback on our DAC-Pro and Digi+ products will not work.

Cheers, Stuart

Hi Stuart,
any idea which revision we should use?
RC1 was built with 4.1.18, revision hash 6e8b794818e06f50724774df3b1d4c6be0b5708c

Where did you find RC2 :wink:

Hi,

I’ve tried for some days now the RC1 (0.861) version of Volumio 2, and i can say that this version is really working. Thanks to the developers team! You’re getting really close to get a final version.

Still, i do have a problem that occurs when i boot or reboot, no matter the way (ie from the WebUI or from ssh). Nearly one time of two, when i reboot, the system get stuck with the following on screen, and i have to unplug the power of the pi :

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000018
pgd = b01a4000
[00000018] *pgd=302a0831, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 17 [#1] SMP ARM
Entering kbd (current=0xb27e4500, pid 578) on processor  0 Oops: (null)
due to Oops @ 0x7f2c6038
CPU: 0 PID: 578 Comm: volumio-remote- Not tainted 4.1.19-v7+ #851
Hardware name: BCM2709
task: b27e4500 ti: b030a000 task.ti: b030a000
PC is at nf_nat_redirect_ipv4+038/0xb0 [nf_nat_redirect]
LR is at redirect_tg4+0x24/0x28 [xt_REDIRECT]
pc : [<7f2c6038>] lr : [<7f2ca090>] psr : a0000113
Flags: NzCv IRQs on FIQs on Mode SVC_32 ISA ARM Segment user
Control: 10c5387d Table: 301a406a DAC: 00000015
CPU: 0 PID: 578 Comm: volumio-remote- Not tainted 4.1.19-v7+ #851
Hardware name: BCM2709

I don’t understand nothing to this, but as i don’t like so much to stop my pi unplugging the power (i don’t want to corrupt my sd card), i though i’d better report the problem here to see if someboby else have this issue.

I have a pi2 with Durio Sound pro I2S.
Thanks

Hi,
are you able to show the complete log?
It seems something fails with the volumio-remote-updater service, but I can’t really see where the problem starts.

Hi,

As i have these infos when the pi crash on boot, i’ve had to rewrite from a photo of my screen.

If you tell me where i can find a log whith these, i will put a copy here.

Thanks

you can upload a photo as an attachment, that will do.

Same problem here !

I tried everything for mounting my network drive.

It always results as a “false” mount.

Alias : rip
IP: 192.168.1.254
Path: Disque dur\rip
FS: cifs
Option: sec=ntlm

These parameters work Well with 1.55.

In volumio 2 it works with mount command Line, with same parameters

Directories are already symlinked to /mnt/n’as

That’s all i have on the screen, the keyboard is no responding at this state.

One more thing, it doesn’t happen always at the end of boot sequence (ie at prompt login), it sometimes happen before, and gets stuck where it is.

I had a similar problem. Now i use sec=ntlmv2 and it Works…

NFS mount do not workring…

On my pi2 with the rc1 i got it to work by adding a / in front of the mounting point.
In my case i put in the ip of my NAS
Then /data/Music
You need to put the name of the volume first.
Hope this helps.

Hey everyone. I’m a total linux noob, but I loved the idea of a DIY airplay enabled box, so last month I bought a Pi 3 with a Hifiberry Digi+ in hopes of doing just that.

I tried Volumio 1.55, and whatever release version of 2 that was posted on the facebook page. I couldn’t get either of them to work. With both versions I managed to sign into my wifi, but I never got any music to play. I couldn’t get sound at all from the 1.55 release. I only managed to play some crazy loud static with 2.00.

Does anyone know what I should do to get this to work? Is there a more recent version that I can install, and try with my Pi 3/hifiberry Digi+ system?

I propose you ask these questions in the Help section, there is a bigger chance there that you get adequate help from somebody with the same setup.